Menu
jordibares
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TiVo UX

I must confess I have been quite excited about the arrival of my TiVo and after using it for a while it has been all a downhill experience which drove me to the forum and see what can be done about it.

The problem I have is the whole User interface and User Experience around TiVo, the menus, the interaction, how to configure it, the shortcuts, the defaults, the feedback element and speed... IMHO it is a mess and needs to be redone.

I could go forever but in case I am doing something wrong here are a few questions;

- I want to configure my box to operate in a certain way always;

- How do you reorder in the channels?

- How do you remove completely from the list (I just don't want to see so much stuff)?

- How do you get visual feedback of the programs you have favourited in a way that is visible?

- Also I want to navigate quickly

- Can be done at all that when I get back to the program grid it places me in the channel I am watching???

- Can it navigate faster? at the moment the response time is awful, it should be super snappy and it drags

- Also, can I have an overall view of where I am ? with so many channels I don't want I get lost so easily!!!

- Also regarding the overall structure

- Why do I have to dig down 4 levels to see my recordings?? this is so annoying!!

- Also, when I want to see what is now it does it literally? can't it suggest what is upcoming right after those?

- And what is the point of showing icons/thumbnails when you have so much information? to force me to navigate through the whole thing without being able to read the titles?

All in all I will start with this but if anyone at Virgin cares to email me I will be happy to chat about it because it is super frustrating

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
dralanhart
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo UX

Have you discovered the numbered shortcuts, home 1, home 2, home 3 etc.?
0 Kudos
dralanhart
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't understand why you are digging down 4 levels to see your recordings. You know you can just press home home, right?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

or press the "my shows" button on the remote

0 Kudos
jordibares
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for the help, really appreciate.

Correction, it is two level downs (3 menus and 7 clicks to get there)

0 Kudos
jordibares
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answering, really appreciate.

It is true the button My shows takes me directly to the menu.

0 Kudos
jordibares
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for the help and no, I didn't know... but I should add it is very poor interaction design to apply "secret combos".

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've had TiVo from about 1 year after VM starting offering them and I still hate the boxes.

Unlike many others I know, I've kept mine as it does a job, just not that greatly.  Friends family switched back to Sky, but they are in BT Fibre areas, I'm not, and no immediate plans for BT to upgrade.  They just couldn't get on with the clunkiness and slowness of the TiVo.

Hope VM come out with a new box and they make sure it's a lot faster / slick.

Though way things are going might just dump everything except the broadband.

0 Kudos
jordibares
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I must confess the more I use it the worst it gets... anyway... let's assume I am happy.

0 Kudos