Menu
Forbes_m2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

TiVo TV guide - to be announced

I've spent 5 hours resetting, rebooting, connecting, switching off at the mains, switching off at the box, rebooting the router and the starting all over again.  Since some point today the TV guide is not showing any program details for any channel,  it advises 'to be announced'. I can watch tv okay, but my recordings did not happen. I have a second tv box and it's working fine,  

tried calling Virgin but closed. 

Melanie 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo TV guide - to be announced

Should be fairly fast. Like more or less instant.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Wait for staff to pick it up and run some diagnostics their end. I dont like the sound of a TiVo that dies after 2 months, might be on the way out.

Replies from staff take around a week ATM.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Try forcing a connection to the VM TiVo service...

force a connection to the TiVo service by selecting Home then Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media service now

0 Kudos
Forbes_m2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kippies, Thank you. I have tried that about 15 times now, before and after a clear/reset. I'm trying a complete wipe to see what happens. What I wasn't sure about is whether after a force connection and reset how long for the guide to appear?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Should be fairly fast. Like more or less instant.

0 Kudos
Forbes_m2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The full system wipe worked, the full guide is back. Still Loading for beyond Friday though. It's a pain as I have to reset everything and set recordings back up. Grrrr. Intrigued to know why this happened, only been a customer 2 months.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Wait for staff to pick it up and run some diagnostics their end. I dont like the sound of a TiVo that dies after 2 months, might be on the way out.

Replies from staff take around a week ATM.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Forbes-m2

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your TV guide lately.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look and run some tests on the set top box and connection from our end for you. We're not detecting any errors with the service at the moment, I hope that means that things are working as they should on your end?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forbes_m2
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello Craig, 

After numerous reboots and a complete wipe of the is it did fix.  On,y issue since then, was the box deciding to reboot itself last week.  Other than the slowness of response times when selecting any function off the remote I'm working. As an ex Sky customer, I'm not exactly jumping at having Virgin right now.  

But thank you for responding to my question  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to let me know Forbes_m2

I'm glad to hear that things have improved, apologies again for the inconvenience it's caused. I've tested the box again and things are still looking good from our end, so I wouldn't expect you to have any issues with your service in the future.

We'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cottager
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have been looking on the Forum to see if there are any ways to fix the "channels to be announced" but all the replies have not worked. The network program is stuck on 6% and nothing has changed. Have been like this for days now.

0 Kudos