Menu
marty2012
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Stuck on the “Starting Up” then Reboot loop.

Not sure what has happened to my TiVo tonight but it rebooted and now it’s stuck on the Starting Up screen then reboots and it just goes around in circles. I have powered it off for a while and tried again but unfortunately it stays the same. Is there a way to flatten the box and start from scratch even tho the device doesn’t boot fully?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Stuck on the “Starting Up” then Reboot loop.

No. Unfortunately it sounds like it's dead or dying. You'll need an engineer even if you manage to get it going again as I suspect it'll do it again

0 Kudos
marty2012
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have to agree with you, left everything unplugged last night and tried again when I got up this morning, still the same. Will call 150 today to see if I can get someone out. Thanks.

0 Kudos
mpatric
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Our TiVo is doing exactly the same thing today. I turned it off at the power for a few minutes and turned it back on and it started up ok. I've looked through this forum and found posts that say this is a signal issue and others that this is a sign that the TiVo is dying. It's very concerning for me if the box is about to die as we have many recordings which presumably we'd lose. @marty2012 - could you let us know what they said when you called 150?

0 Kudos
marty2012
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi mpatric, they have an engineer coming out tomorrow to swap the box I expect. When I called 150 they tried to communicate with the TiVo but were unable too so she booked an engineer right away.

So I’m a whole day/night without TV which isn’t a big deal but the strange this is she said she would send a signal to the box which will get it up and running but at a basic level and to wait 10mins… clearly this didn’t make a difference.

I am a bit gutted as I too will lose a lot of programs which I re-watch a lot but there are no other options for me. Hope you get your fixed.

0 Kudos