Menu
Magic66
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Software / Firmware Update for 2015

Well, it's that time of year again... (no not Christmas time!) where around this period we normally see updates released for our TiVo boxes.

As the Forums have been kind of quiet about any information for this year, I thought I would open a thread and see what responses I get.

So anyone... just chip in with any news you may have heard or perhaps the Moderators have some 'behind the scenes' info!?

(Please note though; this thread is not for suggested improvements to the service - simply to find out what's new for this year).

Thanks to all,

Magic66

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Software / Firmware Update for 2015

They don't do updates in December, If there was going to be another firmware rollout this year it would be over by now

0 Kudos
Magic66
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks dannylau!

Must be old age creeping in Smiley Embarassed as I could have sworn the new colour design (and additional features) came out around November/December 2014?!

Magic66

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They came out early November 2014 and were done by the end of the month

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The update was about 5 months ago and was a total disaster as usual causing Virgin Media to have to rewrite manuals and update their websites to remove features that previous worked before the "downgraded" firmware. The moderators here, as well as refusing to comment on the issues actively moved Tivo threads to the lesser viewed TV forum where fewer people will see them. Even Virgin Media CEO office refused to respond to formal complaints on the matter.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/No-sound-on-recordings-and-after-pausing-or-rewinding-...

I wouldn't expect any further "updates" any time soon. I rarely even visit this forum much anymore, as I don't think it is worth bothering with unless you want to know how to reboot your box or have everything blamed on "signal levels". All bugs reported, seemingly just get ignored or you get fobbed off.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks4nothing wrote:

The update was about 5 months ago and was a total disaster as usual causing Virgin Media to have to rewrite manuals and update their websites to remove features that previous worked before the "downgraded" firmware. The moderators here, as well as refusing to comment on the issues actively moved Tivo threads to the lesser viewed TV forum where fewer people will see them. Even Virgin Media CEO office refused to respond to formal complaints on the matter.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/No-sound-on-recordings-and-after-pausing-or-rewinding-...

I wouldn't expect any further "updates" any time soon. I rarely even visit this forum much anymore, as I don't think it is worth bothering with unless you want to know how to reboot your box or have everything blamed on "signal levels". All bugs reported, seemingly just get ignored or you get fobbed off.

That "update" was meant to remove the need for viewing cards, it wasn't even tested before it went live, not anything major except in the unwanted effect of busting the optical output on samsung boxes

0 Kudos