Menu
Stoneage
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Slow.

Our TiVo box has become incredibly sluggish. It is particularly poor at loading BBC iPlayer. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Slow.

Hi Stoneage,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that TiVo® is running slowly and that you're having trouble with BBC iPlayer loading.  I will be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have carried out come checks with the TiVo® remotely and all looks fine signal/power level wise.  I have also checked the network side and I'm pleased to say there aren’t any high demand issues present.

I would like to know a bit more about what's happening currently.  Can you please reply with the following:

* Do you get the same responses when using other Apps like YouTube or Netflix?  (If you don't normally use these apps can you please given them a try and let me know how you get on?

* Do you get a slow response mainly when navigating the menu system, using the apps, ordering On Demand?  If you can let me know what is running slow specifically I can help further.

Keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Stoneage
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette, the main issue is in navigating the menu but loading iplayer, youtube and ( as I discovered yesterday) Netflix is incredibly slow. We have found it quicker to cast from youtube/iplayer to our other tv (not connected to Virgin) via Chromecast.

When trying to navigate the menu the handset is responsive (batteries replaced one week ago) but the box is slow to activate - sometimes taking 3-4 attempts to get it to boot - and very slow navigating between on demand or catch up. It is very frustrating and so any help would be welcome.

I have just unplugged the box to see if a hard reset would work but to no avail.

0 Kudos
steviegers
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Iv have this problem also(slow TiVo) mainly navigation I just put it down to a bad operating system on the TiVo side.

I hope in the near future we have an update to OS on TiVo to speed it up. Or even better a 4K box(hint hint)😜

Ps I would like to test a new box point me in the right direction for that plz Virgin mod😀

sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

steviegers wrote:

Hi

Iv have this problem also(slow TiVo) mainly navigation I just put it down to a bad operating system on the TiVo side.

I hope in the near future we have an update to OS on TiVo to speed it up. Or even better a 4K box(hint hint)😜

Ps I would like to test a new box point me in the right direction for that plz Virgin mod😀

ya wanna be a trialist? keep an eye out here...

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News-and-events/bd-p/Virgin-Media-News

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stoneage,

Thanks for your reply and providing detailed information, this is a great help Smiley Happy

I have taken another look at the box remotely to see if anything has changed, all is still looking great signal wise and there are no network issues to report.

I would like to look into this further with you if that's ok?  I will send details in a private message, look for the  above.

Cheers.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos