Menu
twickers
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Setup

Got TiVo box today along with broadband hub. Broadband set up ok. TiVo box seemed ok but then got into endless loop of just saying Starting up and then no signal sign on tv.  Turned off and on but that didn't fix it.

0 Kudos
TheSpare
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Setup

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem! I look forward to getting advice on how to fix it.

0 Kudos
Chris2110
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

This may seem obvious but have you called the number in the blue booklet that comes with the box?. I completely missed that bit when I set mine up so it took me a while as well Smiley Wink Otherwise I'd call them so they can check any issues in your area. Hope you manage to get sorted Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
twickers
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yes i called as instructed to activate just before i started so i think that is covered unless i missed something.

0 Kudos
TheSpare
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think the setup was just taking a long time. We watched a DVD last night as the setup seemed to be going nowhere, and it finished in the background. It's working fine now.
0 Kudos
twickers
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My sense is that a 'set-up' that takes over 12 hours is probably too long !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi twickers,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your install.

You're absolutely right, 12 hours or more for an install is a little too long! I've located your account and I can see you've got a technician booked to fix this for you.

Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything else.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
twickers
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes he showed and changed box and went through process. all ok now. tech id# 21394  was pleasant,professional, and efficient. A good advert for Virgin Media

0 Kudos