Menu
SL
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TiVo STILL slow 😡

Its been months now.

My Tivo box is slow. I often get a black frozen screen when changing channels or menu. Sometimes it's the circle loading symbol. Other times I'll press button on the remote and it will respond 40 seconds later. 

Weirdly it seems to be much worse in the evening.
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo STILL slow 😡

sl no problems forum team can check it out for you for issues on their test kit they will be in touch with you if they find issues takes ages to get back to u or private message forum team customer /helper tv issues jonni
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SL, 

Thank you for your message, I'm so sorry that the TiVo's being slow lately, it's never great when this happens. 

I have tested the connection and I can see that the TiVo's running quite well. Can you please tell me more about the symptoms of the slowness on the TiVo.

Keep in touch,

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
SL
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben, thanks for your reply.

It seems to slow down in the evening. When changing menu's, like from Guide to Recordings the screen will often go black and freeze.

When scrolling through the guide it often can't keep up And will freeze.

Even when deleting a show or series link the loading circle will appear in the middle of the screen and freeze.

I called VM a few months ago to cancel due to the slow tivo and was convinced to stay by your retention team as they offered me a deal and they said a new TV set top box was being released next year and to call when this happens to have my tivo swapped with the new box.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That sounds a bit like over utilisation in your area ie too many people using the network at the same time. 

The new V6 box is now available to order and is supposed to be lightening quick- I'll find out as I have an install booked in January. 

0 Kudos
SL
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still no reply from VM?

0 Kudos
tonyworks
Up to speed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I don't think you will get a reply. BenD_H seems only to reply once and then ignore you! I am not sure if he is a real person or a computerised reply? VM seem very good at ignoring their customers after the initial response. They think you will go away. You need to keep phoning them - it seems the only way to get something done. It certainly is the quickest.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ben's real, albeit a retired Forum Team member.

For anything technical, always ring it in - there's a huge post backlog on the forums.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SL

I'm so sorry for the problems you've mentioned with your TV service, I've been able to run some tests on the set top box again for you.

We're detecting some minor errors from our end, but as you've mentioned you're experiencing these issues I'd like to arrange for someone to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos