Menu
Dolceitalia
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Recordings

Hi, the TiVo will record a whole programme, however if I FF at a commercial for e.g, the recording will take me back to the start and then will show as only having been recorded, as far as to the point, in which I selected to FF.
This has happened numerous times on different channels and whether a series recording or not.
This results in me having lost the majority of the programme. On occasion, although the red bar shows as having only recorded 10 mins for e.g, after the FF incident, it will continue to play the programme after this point, however if I pause, FF or RW, the programme ends.
Can someone please help as at a loss?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Recordings

Hi Dolceitalia,

Thank you for posting your comment, I can see that you're new here so let me welcome you to the Community from the Team and I Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to see this, It's certainly an interesting one as looking into the TiVo your Hard Drive, it's looking really healthy, (as to my first suspicion).

I would like to ask if this is happening on all shows, can you give me a bit more info on the show/channel/time you see this?

Get back to me when you can and take care Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Dolceitalia
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your response. It has happened on 3 occasions with the box being around 1 year old, as was replaced due to a precious faulty box.
The 3 programmes where this issue occurred were all on different channels and times, however were all set to record as a series link. 2 of the programmes were set for the evening and I can see that no 'clashes' occurred and the third was set for the afternoon. I can't recall specific dates of each programme however the first incident was around 2 months ago with the most recent occurring within the last two weeks.
It's strange that it shows as having recorded the full programme (states the length of the recording and red bar also shows this) however after having FF'd, it reduces the recording to 'partial' and red bar also reduces.

Hope that all made sense!

Thank you

Carla
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dolceitalia wrote:
Hi Ben,

Thank you for your response. It has happened on 3 occasions with the box being around 1 year old, as was replaced due to a precious faulty box.
The 3 programmes where this issue occurred were all on different channels and times, however were all set to record as a series link. 2 of the programmes were set for the evening and I can see that no 'clashes' occurred and the third was set for the afternoon. I can't recall specific dates of each programme however the first incident was around 2 months ago with the most recent occurring within the last two weeks.
It's strange that it shows as having recorded the full programme (states the length of the recording and red bar also shows this) however after having FF'd, it reduces the recording to 'partial' and red bar also reduces.

Hope that all made sense!

Thank you

Carla

I have seen this happen but once only. A programme recorded on a Series Link on the History or H2 channel. Problem as you described above.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dolceitalia Smiley Happy

Thank you again for coming back. 

I'm sorry to hear that this is still happening and thank you for all the details on this. 

I've been keeping an eye on the services in the home and whilst I've been checking I did notice an issue with the Input levels on one of the boxes and your Internet upstream power levels are not what they should be. 

I'll still be investigating the original issue however I would like to send someone out to make sure that these signal levels are corrected. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little blue envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dolceitalia,

Thank you for your time and letting me help you so far.

I've had a look and can see that you've had some help here and I'd like to know how the visit went?

I hope things are working well now and if there's anything that I can do then let me know Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos