Menu
Dolceitalia
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Rec Issues

Hi, whenever I Rec a programme lately, it will play another prog that I've rec. E.g. Last night I rec emmerdale and corrie, emmerdale played under the emmerdale rec but also under the corrie rec...therefore I was unable to view corrie!
Hope that made sense but any help would be great!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Rec Issues

First thing do is to try is a re-boot (switch the box off and on again). If this doesn't work call 150/151.

You won't have missed Corrie though, you will find it on the itvPlayer app. Press: HOME>CATCH UP>and follow the options to your 'missed' program

0 Kudos
Dolceitalia
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the response!

Tried the reboot however this issue has been ongoing since the latter part of last year and had an engineer in the past who stated there was nothing wrong with the box.
Further to the issue already outlined, it will also rec a prog and when I attempt to view, will state the correct length of the prog etc however upon playback, the bar at the bottom is clear and not red and will only play for a minute or so of the advertised time.

In my experience with the first issue, I have to play another rec prog for a few mins then go back to the rec with the issue which will then play correctly-thankfully due to this I didn't miss corrie as 'on demand' takes a while to load the prog after its scheduled time Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Dolceitalia, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some really strange activity with your TiVo®, and to be honest with you, I've never come across this sort of issue before. 

I've run some testing on your TiVo®, and everything looks spot on from here, all your signal strengths are just where they should be, and your TiVo® hard drive isn't reporting any issues, and working at an acceptable temperature. 

Could you please have a look at the recording hiccups, just to see if there is anything noted in there?

Another thing you could try is a full reset of the TiVo® back to factory settings - please be aware that this will delete any recordings you currently have, and clear any favourites, wishlists and series links. It will install the software again, so should your TiVo® software be corrupt at all, it should clear this. 

Please let me know how things go.

Cheers and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Dolceitalia
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw,

Thank you for your reply and running those tests!
I have viewed the recording hiccups however nothing is listed other than the usual 'duplicate' recordings.

I do seem to have all the strange issues with my TiVo however they are never consistent issues and occur at random intervals. Therefore I haven't yet restored my TiVo to factory settings as have a few recordings I am yet to view, however if these issues persist then of course; I will take this course of action!

Again, thank you for your assistance and reply.

Carla
0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your tivo box sounds screwed. I suggest you watch the remaining programs you need to watch, then do a 'clear and delete everything', or ask for a replacement.

0 Kudos