Menu
SteveA73
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Pause Issue

If I pause any channel on HD or SD, it doesn't matter how long it's paused for, 5mins or 45mins etc within a minute of pressing play to resume it jumps forward to live TV. I've reported to Virgin who couldn't find any problem. This is in addition to the slow response within the menus and on demand buffering issues. The normal V+HD boxes have no issues so must be a Tivo problem. Is anyone else having similar issues as can't believe I'm the only one having these problems. This along with constant superhub wifi issues and lockups is becoming very frustrating.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Pause Issue

Hi SteveA73,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that the Pause function isn't working correctly and that you're also experiencing WiFi problems.  I will be happy to help check out what's happening with the TiVo® service for you no problem.  In regards to the WiFi, we have a team who can help check this further as these are likely to be separate issues.  You can find them here: Networking and wireless, drop them a post about your WiFi issue and I'm sure they can help out.

Back to the TiVo® pause function, I'd like to check with you, when this happens are there any other recordings occurring at the time when you unpause the programme?

This can happen when there's other recordings occurring and all the tuners are in use, it won't allow you to continue pausing/recording if this is the case.

If this is not the case, it would be great if you can carry out a service connection to ensure the box is fully up to date.  To dot his follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > NETWORK > CONNECT TO MY VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICE NOW

This process generally takes a few minutes but can take up to 40 minutes to complete.  Once this has been done, monitor this and see how it goes.  

In regards to the On Demand buffering and menu navigation being slow in response I have checked the TiVo® remotely and there is a signal fault that I have detected.  This will require an engineer to call round and fix for you.  

I will send the details in a private message to arrange an appointment.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Gerlof
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Pause Issue

I've got the exact same issue with my tivo box. Can't record or rewind. Can press pause but once you resume playing it skips to current. I've done the update steps in the answer already no result.
0 Kudos