Menu
PocketDemon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Output and Recorded Progs info.

What I'm trying to do is to get the TiVo box to output in the native format that each station is broadcasting in & programme was recorded in...

...however, if I tick all of the boxes in the settings menu (as my TV can show all of them) everything is outputted in 720p/50Hz - irrespective of whether it's a SD or HD channel...

...unticking the 720p box (leaving the rest ticked) then both SD & HD shows are then in 1080i...

...whilst if only one format's ticked (be that a SD or HD format) then it will output at that format - showing that it's not the amp or the TV that's altering it.

So how do I get the box to just pass through the video in its native format?

Now, if there's not an automatic solution, is there any way to tell exactly what format a programme is actually broadcast/being recorded in?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Output & Recorded Progs info.

Hi PocketDemon,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today? 

Can you please follow these steps and let me know if you have checked these out?

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > DISPLAY OUTPUT > DISPLAY OUTPUT FORMAT: KEEP AUTOMATIC SETTINGS

We're here to help so keep us posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
PocketDemon
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette - thanks for the reply.

Right using the option that you recommended (naturally I instantly worked out that you meant "Video", not "Display") then everything is output from the TiVo box in 1080i - irrespective of whether the channel is HD or SD - & so this unfortunately doesn't provide a solution, since the aim is to get everything to be output at the native resolution of the broadcast or recording rather than upscaling anything; which using this option is clearly doing.

Now, as mentioned, I can manually set the TiVo to any one of the 4 main output modes individually (obviously 1080p is different from the others) & it will then output to the TV (via the amp) in that resolution - &, similarly using the "Test Formats" option, it will output in each of the five video modes in that resolution (not being up or downscaled by the TiVo box)...

...however there is no option that I can find that either makes the TiVo box automatically display in the original resolution nor tell me what the resolution of the broadcast or recording is.

Cheers

TiM.

0 Kudos
PocketDemon
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I'm still in need of an answer to the above.

Yeah, other stuff got in the way, but talking to retentions last week then they were going to chase getting an answer for me on here, but there's been nothing. Smiley Sad

Cheers

TiM.

0 Kudos
PocketDemon
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So another 6 months on, & despite the person who I negotiated the contract with last year telling me that they'd chase this, there's still no attempt to answer.

Really not impressed.

0 Kudos