Menu
Nigel_F
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Multiple Recording Issues

I am having various recording issues on my TiVo which seemed to start after the recent upgrade. It is missing some scheduled recordings with the reason 'Power Failure' as noted on other posts. But it also started this really annoying issue where if I start to watch a series linked programme during it being recorded (e.g. the Formula 1 on Channel 4 today), the recording only plays from the time I switched to it (like switching channels) and the part of the recording prior to the time I played it is lost, despite the record light having been on. The part that is available for playback states - partial recording! This is happening on every programme I have attempted to watch part way through it recording. The TiVo box is a replacement only a couple of months old. I have power cycled it and no change.

Recording and re-playing programmes I haven't attempted to view during recording is fine.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Multiple Recording Issues

The new version of the software has a bug in it that stops it recording in standby, there should be a patch to fix this but in the meantime don't put your box into standby

Nigel_F
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but that only resolves one of my issues. What about the partial recording?

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The partial recordings could be the same issue, if you turn on the TiVo part way through the "recording" then it will start recording from that point. So it may be that, rather than you actually watching the recordings that is causing the issue, it's just that before you watch the program, you're turning on the TiVo.

Nigel_F
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I was just testing this theory and come across an issue, I was initiating a recording form the planner and my box completely locked up with a spinning circle on the screen and would not respond to the remote. In desperation I pressed and held the standby button on the box for about ten seconds the lights flashed and then it entered an update mode and downloaded and installed a Software update - 20.5.7.RC23-VMC-2-C00 - it was previously RC20.

I tried the same with my second box and this updated too.

I'll post the recording test results shortly.

0 Kudos
Nigel_F
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I tested the version R23 software on a one time recorded programme and also separately on a new series link. In both cases the recording started with the box in standby and neither had partial recording issues, like I was previously experiencing. Time will tell (as issues did not seem to be on every recording), but looking good so far!

0 Kudos
canadauk
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good news if R23 solves the issue which frustratingly appeared on our TiVo last week. I will check if we have R23 and keep switched on until it downloads and installs.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Nigel_F
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had to force a software update by pressing and holding down the Standby button on the box for a few seconds until the lights flashed then releasing it. 

0 Kudos