Menu
nickh
Superfast
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo - Corrupt recordings

Hi,

Our TiVo box seems to be on the way out.  It regularly corrupts recorded content, pausing playback, skipping and distorting the picture.  How can I check for errors on the hard disk and whether the box needs replacing?

Nick

Tags (3)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
G-eri
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo - Corrupt recordings

I have the exact same problem. The recordings are virtually unwatchable. Can you run these checks for me or do I have to phone in? Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You need to phone in & select faults option they can run a test down the line, & arrange for an engineer to replace your box. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nickh,

Thank you for coming in and posting again, I'm sorry to read about the Corrupt recordings here, that's not the best.

I've been able to run some tests on the TV services in the home and I have been able to identify that the hard drive isn't operating in the correct way and would in effect, cause the recordings to become problematic. 

I would like to remedy this by sending an engineer, the engineer would swap the box most likely so watching the remaining shows would be wise Smiley Happy I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

G-eri
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have the exact same problem. The recordings are virtually unwatchable. Can you run these checks for me or do I have to phone in? Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi G-eri,

Welcome back to the Communtit, it's good to see a friendly face again Smiley Happy

I am sorry that the recordings haven't been the greatest, I've been looking into the TiVo services and have seen some considerable timeouts. These can attribute to your issues and I would like to ask you if you can reboot the box and try record the shows once more for me?

Stay in touch.

Ben

nickh
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ben,

Engineer replaced TiVo and now recordings are working fine.

Many thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Nick, 

Cheers for coming in and posting again with your update, that's brilliant news the engineer has been and more so that the recordings are as they should be now. 

I hope you were able to transfer over your recordings and if there's anything that you need, please let me know Smiley Happy

All the best.

Ben

0 Kudos