Menu
Jonstorm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo C130 Error Message - Website service status is a lie

Catch up TV and On Demand are not working at all, greyed out with the error message "Network Availability (C130)", since yesterday.  If I phone up to report it, the automated phone system says that there is a known fault, but it's very difficult and they can't say when it will be fixed.  (Then it offers to send me updates by text, but that is broken as well).

But when I look at the service status on the website, it says "no known issues".  Even though there have been ongoing network problems for at least the last two weeks.  So is the website faulty as well, or is someone trying to hide that there is a problem?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Website service status is a lie

Hi there Jonstorm, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with the dreaded C130 error code. 

I've done some testing and can see that the signal strength to your TiVo® is out and this would cause the problem you're seeing, so I'd like to arrange for someone to call out and take a closer look. 

I've sent you a private message to arrange this, so please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jonstorm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw, thanks for getting back to me.

I think it unlikely that sending a technician to my house would solve the problem. Although the website says the service is working normally, the fault-report people and your customer services people admit that there is known network problem and that (on Monday) the engineers are "just running some final tests", which usually means that they have changed something but don't know if it will actually solve the problem yet (I have played this game before).

The service is running much better since then, though still with the occasional glitch.

Possibly you too have been misled by your mendacious service status page, which often denies the existence of ongoing network problems. It's very frustrating when they do this, and it wastes both the customer's time and that of the fault report department.

Looking at the headings of recent posts here, I can see that a lot if people are having the same kinds of problems.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Jonstorm, 

I totally appreciate your concerns here, I'd like to let you know that I was not basing my findings on what the service status page was telling me. I was basing it on the results I was finding via the testing I completed. 

The known issue that my colleagues were discussing with you, would not cause the issue I can see. The issue that they were seeing is a problem with bandwidth, which may cause apps such as iPlayer and Netflix to run slow and buffer from time to time, this is on going. 

I based my offer of a technician on the fact that the testing I've completed, is showing that your TiVo® is struggling to communicate things like the health of the hard drive andthe signal strength to your TiVo®. 

I'm glad to hear that things are running a little better for you, however I've just completed the testing again and I'm still seeing the issues that I was seeing on Tuesday. 

So the offer of a technician is still there if you'd like to take me up on this. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos