Menu
andyb3
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box stuck on Start Screen after Virgin Media Service Faults & No Wi-Fi

My TiVo Box is stuck on Start Screen (Flashing red light, solid blue light) after the Virgin Media Service Faults with Internet and TV reported in the last 24 hours. Anyone any ideas if this is related or if there is now a further fault with the box caused by the service issues. The box was working fine without it. It's preferred if I don't have to call out an engineer for this. Additionally my Wi-Fi is not working still either.
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box stuck on Start Screen after Virgin Media Service Faults & No Wi-Fi

andyb3 bet let the team on here check it they will let you know if its faulty buy testing the box they will let you know if there is any issues thanks andy jonni
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi andyb3

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment. I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end unfortunately.

So I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
andyb3
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

For reference of anyone who has a similar problem I can confirm the issue is now resolved. The "Solid blue light and flashing red light" that a search in most places indicates the TiVo box hard drive has failed has in this case turned out not to be the case. On Sunday night after it had being switched off for at least 24 hours I turned it on and it started to work, it is now fully restored. At the same time my wi-if returned also. Therefore despite the usual diagnostic of the lights on the TiVo box it seems the area service fault was the issue. I guess if I had got round to calling support they may have suggested this.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The flashing red and solid blue light is basically a boot error caused by one of 2 things.

1 No authorisation server found. Since the removal of the smart cards the TiVo must authorise itself with the VM servers in order to boot.
2 HDD Fault. 

No 1 is the most common. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos