Menu
Alansigma
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box keeps rebooting

Hi,

For the past 24hrs my TiVo box keeps rebooting every 30 minutes - having called Virgin for assistance I have been told it will take 13 days before an Engineer can call to fix it (5th December 2016) - disgraceful customer services. The TiVo box is unwatchable.

I have been waiting since July 2016 for my cable connection to be updated in my area due to a UTILISATION problem which causes bottle necks with my connection - it takes a minute to connect to anything ie the Red Button etc. I was originally told the Utilisation fix would be November 2016 now I am told it will not be until April 2017 my rental has increased from November? - my promised Broadband upgrade is also delayed until next April.

In my opinion Virgin Media is in MELTDOWN mode - can anyone help.

Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box keeps rebooting

Hi Alansigma, 

Many thanks for your message, I hope you're doing well.

I'm sorry that the TiVo's been rebooting a lot recently, this can sometimes have operations running in the background while updates are performing, usually between the hours of 2am and 6am.

I have tested the TiVo and shes's running well which is good news. Can you tell me if this has been happening still?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Alansigma
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply, yes the TiVo box STILL reboots every 20 to 30 minutes and has done for the past week -  I am unable to get a Virgin Engineer - Annoyingly  I have been told that the shortage of Engineer availability is due to new customer installations..? It seems I still have to wait another 5 days for the Engineer to call next week ie 5th December...? I am very disappointed at the delay - I have been a loyal/increasingly frustrated customer before NTL became Virgin; As you can imagine the Tivo Box and TV are unwatchable due to the constant rebooting.

It seems obvious to me the Tivo box needs replacing, especially as it has been behaving increasingly slow over the past 4 months - ie it takes a minute to load any Red Button command...

I would be very grateful if you could move things forward for me..? I am home all day Thursday 1st December..

Thanks

Alan

0 Kudos
Alansigma
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ben,

Your two replies (today) to my email to Virgin over a week ago where a ''wast of space''. I provided an update for you as requested stating for over a week now my Tivo box was still rebooting every 20 minutes -  this is nothing to do with  the overnight Virgin updates as you suggested...???.Smiley Mad

Still waiting for my previously booked engineer to visit me on Monday 5th Dec. 13 days to wait for an engineer is disgraceful a bit like your repetitive inappropriate reply.# If you cannot help please don't bother replying to this, if you can speed my visit up I am home all day today Friday 2nd

0 Kudos