Menu
ayjayoh21
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box Swap

I have Big Kahuna Sports and Movies Bundle, 152MB Fibre and phone line. 3 TiVo boxes and 1 V+ box

Late last year, I was invited to swap one of my V+ boxes for a new TiVo box. The new box was delivered on 5th December, and despite an error with the card, everything was sorted painlessly.

For the last month or so, my existing V+ box has been displaying  the message shown in the attached photo every time I switch on.

IMG-20160508-WA0000[1].jpg 

I have tried to activate this box swap on line, but just get a message saying the box was delivered last year (5th December). Which was actually the date I received my 1st swap.

I have tried resolving through twitter. No joy.

I have phoned customer services and retentions (customer relations) to try and resolve, but have been told if I agree to a new box I will be entering into a new 12 month contract (this didn't happen last time) and have to pay a connection fee (this didn't happen last time either)

I have tried to 'upgrade' via my online account but get the following message

Changing your package online

We're sorry, but we're unable to change your package online. We'll be happy to do it for you over the phone, and it'll only take a few minutes. Please call us on 0345 454 1111 to speak to someone who can help.

The words in bold being somewhat ironic as it seems nobody is prepared to help.
The forum is my last resort to get things sorted. My current 'contract' ends on August 24th following 15 years as a customer and I've finally had enough.

Is it too much to ask, that I am provided with the correct equipment to receive the services I pay for, without penalty given the changes are not of my doing?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box Swap

If your remaining V+ box is a Samsung model, you can safely ignore the message as this model is not affected by the changes. Virgin are swapping all the older Scientific Atlanta boxes for TiVO, but this process should be about complete by now.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

Virgin are swapping all the older Scientific Atlanta boxes for TiVO, but this process should be about complete by now.

The activity last year started with a swap of those SA V+ HD boxes that had Sky Premium channels on them. Virgin Media will be moving on to the remaining SA V+ HD boxes this year.

However saying that, in this case if the OP had two SA V+ HD boxes they should have both been swapped at the same time. If the remaining V+ HD is a Samsung box then it shouldn't be displaying the message.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
ayjayoh21
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies.

The box swapped last year was SA. The remaining box is Samsung.

I therefore accept that this box does not need swapping, thanks for explaining it. But I do question why I get the message every time I turn it on?

At least I know I can ignore it now.

0 Kudos
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ayjayoh21,

Apologies for any confusion but our records show that you still have 1 active SA8300 V+ (hence the pop up).
We can still arrange a free box swap of this for you - I've arranged for our box swap team to give you a ring to discuss further.

Thanks
Adrian

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
---------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media but I browse and post on the forums during my spare time.

Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ayjayoh21

I've sent you a private message about this - if you could reply that would be great Smiley Happy

Thanks

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos