Menu
MrJackHall
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box Super Slow

Our Virgin TiVo Box has become increasingly slow over the last few months. It now takes around 30 seconds to play a recorded show, super slow navigating the menu, returning to TV from the menu is really slow and online interactive services such as BCC iPlayer, YouTube and Netflix take an age to load.

I have tried restarting multiple times and carried out the Home - Thumbs Up - Thumbs Down - Play - Play command. This has had little to no affect.

Please Help!!!
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box Super Slow

Join all the rest of us. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Slow-TiVo/td-p/3195456

Cant see a fix anytime soon tbh

MrJackHall
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if this has anything to do with a new 4K TiVo Box on the horizon, that Virgin will want to sell us?
0 Kudos
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Of course it is to do with the future new box. That will resolve all problems including the missing HD    films on Sky Movies On Demand.

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well there's talk if the new box running the same software and therefore not yet fit to be released. But wether that's true or not I couldn't say. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrJackHall,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message, welcome into the Community.

I am sorry to read about the issues you have mentioned, whilst there is an on going issue with the slowness at times with the TiVo, the work  around should work for now. This is a bit suspicious and after going into the account it's clear to see there's more than meets the eye. Your input levels on the TiVo and some downstream power levels on any other services you have in the home aren't working at the right level. This will need looking into by an engineer and if you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos