Menu
w_beattie
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box Slow & Loud

My TiVo box has been loud for a while now but if anything it's getting worse. HDD constantly chugging away etc. I've read similar topics and tried raising it and whatnot but nothing helps.

The way it's set up in the room means that it's not hidden away in a cabinet or anything so it can be heard over the TV.

The menus etc are also painfully slow.

Just wondering if anyone can help.

Cheers.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box Slow & Loud

Then it could be a dying HDD on the box.

Give them a ring and get it checked remotely.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box Slow & Loud

Hi w_beattie

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box.

I've located your account and been able to run some tests on the set top box form our end for you, we're detecting some errors from our end and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look if you're available?

I've sent you information about this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos