Menu
Ashblund90
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box Recording Random Programmes

Hi,

I have an issue where my TiVo box records random things that we don't even watch. Have shoddy woring outside from an engineer who could care less, could this be the issue or is there something else at play here?
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box Recording Random Programmes

Yes. It's called suggestions. The TiVo will record what it thinks you might like to watch. .

if you don't want them turn them off home-settings-recordings-suggestions

0 Kudos
Ashblund90
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have already done that and it is still recording programmes. Things entirely unrelated to anything we have ever watched!
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mm. You'll probably need to check you've applied the change in the settings. It's worth a look because sometimes TiVo seems to put itself back to on when you've asked for off! Let us know how you go. 

0 Kudos
angiejane_2000
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My Tivo box is doing exactly the same.  I changed the suggestions and I have been back in to check it is switched off.  However, tonight it was recording News At Ten.  I have just switched from Sky to Virgin and to be honest it is really annoying me.  How can I stop this, does it mean there is a problem already with my Tivo box?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi angiejane_2000,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the unwanted recordings are being persistent after turning off the suggestions.  

Have you checked your planned recordings to ensure there's no series link or planned recordings showing there?  If so and the programmes involved aren't showing, it's worth trying to clear data that may be lingering.  Follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > CLEAR OR RESET TIVO BOX > CLEAR THUMBS RATINGS AND SUGGESTIONS > ENTER PIN > PRESS THUMBS DOWN X 3 > LST CH 

This can take a few moments and best done when not recording at that time.  If it's a recording you want it will be disrupted.  Let me know how you get on with this, I hope it helps.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

taz46
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have also had this problem, you can see it showing as being recorded and the red light is also showing but if you go into 'My planned recordings' its not showing as recording, likewise if you check in 'My Shows' it does not show up as being recorded. Very annoying as it sometimes stops you watching/recording another program without going into it an manually stopping it. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi taz46,

A warm welcome to our community to you also. Smiley Happy

I'd wanted to pop by and help out.  Have you tried checking the suggestions feature?  If you haven't yet, follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > SUGGESTIONS > ON OR OFF

If you have checked this already and you're still getting random recordings, let me know and I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

angiejane_2000
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  It is ok now.  :-)

0 Kudos