Menu
Luke80
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box Distorted Sound

For the past couple of months we have experienced some distorted sound immediately after fast forwarding during recordings or when switching from recordings back to live TV. It lasts for 5 seconds and doesn't happen every time - maybe 50%.

Whilst it isn't the end of the world, it didn't happen to start with so I was wondering if anyone else had experienced such issues?

Tags (3)
kinetic
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box Distorted Sound

I get exactly the same problem, but it doesnt stop until moving controls back and forth, that stops it but it always returns, very annoying.

I also notice some channels are missing from the package but after going through all the tivo menus to update the card it says theres a technical problem try later.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Luke80,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with sound distortions right now.  I'll be happy to help check this out with you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks fine with the signal and hard drive status.  Have you tried rebooting the box to refresh things over?  If not, give this a try and let me know if it helps.  I know it's a simple thing but it can help cure most problems that occur.

Keep me posted on how things are lately with the TiVo®, I'm here to help if you need anything.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi kinetic,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're also getting these sound distortions and also missing some channels.  I'll be happy to help look into this for you.

I have carried out some checks with the box from here, at present I am unable to get full readings.  Can you please confirm if the box is currently turned off?  If you can also let me know what channels are missing and what error message/code you get this will help me narrow down what's causing the fault.

I'm here to help, keep me posted Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos