Menu
heady2008
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box. DAB radio. Is there an option to show track information like there was with my old VPlus box?

We have just upgraded to the TiVo box but can't find anyway of getting it to display information regarding the current artist and track that is playing on a Digital radio channel. This is a pretty basic function of a standalone DAB radio and was available on our old VPlus box.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box. DAB radio. Is there an option to show track information like there was with my old ...

Hi Heady2008,

The TV guide will have the radio show on currently and the artist would be something that is provided to us from the broadcasting. The 'Info' button should give you some brief information on the show at hand only.

Thank you for coming in and welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box. DAB radio. Is there an option to show track information like there was with my old ...

The radio channels on Virgin are derived from satellite services (the same ones Freesat & Sky customers use). The information you see will therefore be what is provided on this service, & will be further dependant on the firmware in the box you are using.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
heady2008
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I assume that, as my old V+ box was capable of displaying the track info, Virgin must broadcast this info for digital radio channels. I do find it rather odd that the newer Tivo box, presumably shipped with the latest firmware, can't display it. Seems a backward step and don't get me started with how slow it is to navigate through the menus!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi heady2008,

Thanks for posting!

If the TiVo® is running a bit slow, there's a little trick you can try to remove unnecessary background data to help speed up the box.

Just go the Home screen and press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank for a few seconds.

Once the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo speed up!

Hope that helps!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos