Menu
mechen8
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Black Screen

Hi there,

I recently had my TiVo box installed (about 3 weeks ago), today I've tried to turn it on and am getting a black screen when trying to view anything. I can go to the guide and go to my recorded shows and view the channel lists but when trying to view anything I just get a black screen, even pre recorded programs. I've tried rebooting, restarting, trying different HDMI ports, different HDMI cables, checked all cables and everything else that I can think of. Any ideas? Seems to be from a quick search around that this isn't an uncommon problem, but having tried various restarts etc am still having no luck. Wonder if anyone had the same problem and found a solution that I haven't tried as of yet, or whether it's a problem with the box and/or line. Haven't experienced any issues with the router/internet.

Thanks for any help that anyone can give!

Callum

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Black Screen

Hi Callum, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the picture on your TiVo®. This isn't what we like to hear and certainly something i'd love to get put right for you. 

I've gone into the account to take a look at things and currently the box is in Standby. 

Whilst in Standby, it can mess with a true reading on the power levels but I don't want to reboot it from this end in case you have anything recording. 

Since posting, has there been any improvements? 

If you are still having an issue, let us know so we can investigate this further for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
judeastone
Joining in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Kath

I have very similar issues. Twice now my Tivo box hasn't shown a picture for live programmes and the same for my pre-recorded programmes. I can access the menus fine and when on channels with a red button service it shows a button and label on the top right of my screen. Last week when it happened I had 45mins on the phone to yourselves who couldn't fix it so arranged an engineer. I messed around with my HDMI cables later on and seemed to fix it. It happened again last night and I couldn't seem to fix it by unplugging and swapping round my cables. Do you have an idea what could be causing this?

Many thanks

Jude

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi judastone,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this issue as well with the screen not showing a picture.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and I can see a signal fault that requires an engineer to call out and fix.

I will be happy to arrange this with you.  I will send the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

0 Kudos
Bjonnie
Settling in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

This is happening for me as well. Had the box installed and working well for some time and recently this has happened twice. The first time seemed to correct itself after a restart of the box, but the second time it is happening more often and doesn't seem to respond to any reset, restart or changing or wires etc.

Can someone test the box please and check if there is an issue.

Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

A warm welcome to our community Bjonnie Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing a loss of picture on the TiVo® service.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have connected to your box remotely and all is looking fine.  There's no signal or power level issues present currently.

It would be great if you can check that the lead/s connecting your TiVo® to your TV set are connected securely?  

If you're still experiencing a loss of picture, let me know.  I'm here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Nickyg
Joining in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Sorry to bother you but I seem to be having the same problem
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nickyg,

It's no bother at all, welcome back to the community and I'm sorry to hear you're also having issues with blank screens.

If you haven't already have you tried a mains reset and also tried checking the cables at the back just to make sure nothing has become loose?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Nickyg
Joining in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi rose
Thanks for getting back to me yes I tried all that with no luck, so I just waited and it all started to work on its own so everything's good now
Thanks
Nicky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nicky,

Really pleased to hear it's all working again, any further issues let me know and I'll look into it for you.

All the best

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos