Menu
Actmaxine
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo. Apps no longer available

I used to be able to go to Apps to watch YouTube iPlayer Netflix etc.  Now they are 'greyed' out and I get an error telling me that the Ethernet cable is disconnected.

i have never had an Ethernet cable and never had to have it connected before.  What has changed?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo. Apps no longer available

Welcome to the Forums.

That rather confusing message means that the box has lost network contact with base camp i.e. Virgin Media.  The usual fix is to reboot the box via Home > Help &Settings > Clear or restart TiVo > Restart Tivo   This process takes several minutes to complete.

If this does not restore things then either call the fault in or wait for the Forum Team to get to the post and provide further advice.

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

Actmaxine
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks that worked. A less confusing message would help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pleased to read the advice worked.  I can't see the message being changed, especially as the new TV6 boxes (which I understand use the same software) do use the Ethernet connection for apps and updates.