Menu
Da182zw
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo 1 connected to router but not TV, linked over Powerline to TiVo 2?

Hello, I have just moved into a rented house. Router and TiVo box have been set up in one room where the connection comes into the house, but I want the TV to be set up in a different room - we couldn't have any holes drilled and a cable run thru as it's rented.

I was looking into HD over IP but that was really expensive - if I got a 2nd TiVo box instead, could I use it to control/access the first main TiVo box connecting via a Powerline adapter?

The 1st TiVo box would sit in a fuse box cupboard with the router, not connected to any TV, but connected via Ethernet to a powerline which would be linked to another powerline leading into the 2nd TiVo box in the lounge area?

Would this work? Could I access the "main" TiVo box for setting progs to record etc, normal hammer surfing etc?

Also, any idea how much a 2nd TiVo would cost per month if this was a viable option? Just signed up to the £29 per month Player TV package.

Any help appreciated!
Thanks
Barry
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo 1 connected to router but not TV, linked over Powerline to TiVo 2?

You're solution won't work as ALL Virgin Media set top boxes MUST be connected to a cable co-ax connection.

0 Kudos
Da182zw
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply - is there another solution to my question that doesn't involve lots of cabling?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Given that TiVo has to be connected to your TV by an HDMI cable and you don't want to install cabling between rooms, I don't see a solution unless there is a product out there that can transmit HDMI through the ether or your electrical wiring.

I don't have any knowledge of such products but would think they, if they exist, would be expensive.

0 Kudos