Menu
Kittyp
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVO suddenly making multiple recordings?

In the last few days, my TiVO has suddenly started recording the same programme in non-HD (which is what the series link is set for), HD, and the hour-later catch-up broadcast. This means none of them record properly – there's a lot of distortion if all three channels are used – but if I cancel the series link, of course, I lose all three.

As it only appears to apply to one programme title at the moment (my Mum's favourite, Midsomer Murders), is it likely just to be a glitch with the listings? I've been trying to convince her that as she's seen every episode at least four hundred times, it'll be quite nice to have a rest from it...but elderly ladies with early dementia are easily unsettled! It'd be useful for me to have a concrete explanation for her, and to be able to assure her that it won't affect her other programmes.

Thank you!

-Kit

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVO suddenly making multiple recordings?

the forum team are great on here and they will get it looked at or they will ask questions with you to find whats going on with box if they dont find anything wrong they will contact you private message so they can talk more forum team ex customer # helper
Kittyp
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you!

-Kit
0 Kudos
jimred
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem multiple recording of the rugby today causing the football earlier not to record, any suggestions?

thanks 

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the forum team can look at this to find out why this should be could be delayed issues with the recordngs or its showing some fault the team can find if there is a fault with box and message you back via private message which you will find in the top corner which looks like a envelope with a number symbol like 1 all the best ex virgin media customer #helper jonni
0 Kudos
jimred
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kittyp

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently. 

I've located your account to run some tests on the set top box and we're not detecting any errors, if you check your planned recordings to check the series links to see how many series links you've got for Midsomer Murders, if you're seeing multiple series links, it could be an issue. 

We'd love to hear how you get on

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kittyp
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for looking into it, Craig. It happened twice in a few days, but not since – I suspect it was a problem with TV listings being coded incorrectly or something. I've never set anything to record in HD, so I know this wasn't the issue (my TV's an old one and I can't tell any difference between standard and HD anyway!), and the box has since recorded at least one episode of Mum's Midsomer Murders series from ITV3 without duplicating it. So, fingers crossed, all OK now.

Thanks again!

-Kitty

0 Kudos