Menu
tellymonster99
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVO error C119 - new V6 box not connecting!

Hi,

I had a technician come out yesterday and install two new Virgin V6 TiVO boxes. Unfortunately, he left before anything was up and running, so I was left to try and sort things out myself. The upstairs box kicked in about an hour or so after he was gone, but the Tivo box connected to the hub downstairs still doesn't work. Obviously I've tried all the suggestions Virgin make on their website, but nothing has worked and I get to the same verification stage and it stops. Having looked through these pages, I can see that it's a reoccurring problem with Tivo installations, but instead of showing/ giving any answers, there just seems to be a generic response from various Moderators. To make matters worse, I've tried calling the Virgin Media helpline on a number of occasions during the day and each time, they have been busy, put me on hold and cut me off. 

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Tom / Molly

0 Kudos
neek71
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVO error C119 - new V6 box not connecting!

Tom - I've been waiting weeks to hear anything back from VM regarding the rollout of the new V6 box, did you have to chase them up or did they get in touch quite quickly? Sorry to hear you're having trouble though... :-(

Nick

0 Kudos
tellymonster99
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I just harassed them for weeks! Both are up and running now and so much faster. Definitely worth getting them as soon as you can.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HEy tellymonster99

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately.

I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this form our end for you unfortunately. So that I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tellymonster99
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

the problem has been solved, as you can see from my message above your one.

I have to point out that the installation of the boxes was terrible....I wasn't given any remotes (now sorted after 20 calls to Virgin) and the engineer connected the boxes to the wrong router - he insisted on connecting it to Virgin router, even though it was in modem mode and connected to an Apple router.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello tellymonster99,

I'm glad to hear it's now resolved and I'm sorry about the trouble you experienced. 

Please let me know if you have any further problems and I'll investigate it for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos