Menu
Metroace
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVO box rebooting in the evening

About three times recently my TiVO box has gone into a reboot while I have been watching the early evening local news. Why does this happen? How can I stop it happening? If it can't be stopped, how do I get Virgin to provide a new box?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVO box rebooting in the evening

HI Metroace

Welcome to the Community, I'm massively sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment. 

I've located your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you, we're detecting some errors with the TiVo box and I'd like to arrange for someone to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Best thing to do is phone in to report an error, they will then be able to run some tests on your line and send an engineer out if necessary, who will replace the box if faulty. A mod on here will probably eventually get round to dealing with it as well, but that could take many days!

Be aware that if the box is swapped you will lose your recordings, though series links etc. and can be copied over to the new box.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI Metroace

Welcome to the Community, I'm massively sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment. 

I've located your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you, we're detecting some errors with the TiVo box and I'd like to arrange for someone to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thanks for the update on what the box is doing, I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused. 

I'll update the notes for the engineer so they have an up to date description of the issue, we'd love to hear how it goes.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos