Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11 (787 Views)

TiVO BOX

I HAVE A TIVO BOX AT THE MOMENT, BUT AM ENDING ALL TV STATIONS WITH VIRGIN AND WILL BE USING FREEVIEW INSTEAD, SO ONCE MY TiVO BOX IS UNINSTALLED, MY BUNDLE SAYS 'FULL HOUSE TV (XL), PHONE ANYWHERE, FREE VOICE MAIL, 50...B/BAND, WHICH IS CUT BY OVER £40 LESS, YET WHAT DOES THE TV BIT MEAN IF I'M RETURNING TIVO AND I'VE GOT NO BOXES PLEASE? CAN YOU LET ME KNOW, SOMEONE/ANYONE?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11 (1,361 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by CHRISSIE007
‎17-03-2017 11:50

Re: TiVO BOX

Thank you, I have now got much larger type which I say 'thank you' but I did it with the zoom buttons on the right top side of my screen, this suits me better, but I did state I was NOT shouting when I explained my caps.  thanks so much for jogging my memory regarding resizing my 'type' but having dementia I forgot about the 'three dots zoom' buttons until you said aboutmaking larger print. having tried your way for ever I suddenly remembered what I had to to do, which I usually do, but this dementia isn't kind an I know caps is 'shouting' to many people for which I apologise to anyone else who read my caps message, but at least its cleared it up before I shouted again!!!    best wishes from Chrissie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 9 of 11 (257 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by CHRISSIE007
‎26-03-2017 20:10

Glad to hear you got it sorted out, it makes a change to see some compliments for Virgin for a change. As regard using CAPS, I don't understand why some people get so bothered about these conventions. It is usually pretty clear whether people are being impolite or just like using CAPS. Personally I find lower case easier to read, but if it helps your vision KEEP ON CAPING I say. I dread to think what the sensitive souls would have made of TELEX, that was all caps.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 11 (773 Views)

In addition to your issues with your VM account, your CAPS lock key seems broken..

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11 (762 Views)

MY CAPS LOCK SEEMS 'BROKEN'?  WHY IS THAT.  I HAVE TO USE CAPS AS AM LOSING MY SIGHT, IF THAT'S WHAT YOU REFERRING TO,  OR MAYBE BECAUSE I TYPED TiVO, LOWER CASE 'i' BUT THAT'S HOW VIRGIN SPELL IT...... I THINK,  OTHERWISE AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN RE CAPS.  I AM NOT 'SHOUTING' BY THE WAY.  I SHOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU CAN LET ME KNOW WHY YOU SAY MY 'CAPS BROKEN' PLEASE?  THANK YOU.  KIND WISHES FROM CHRISSIE007

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 11 (753 Views)

If you are losing your sight you need to use accessibility options-

Heres a link to how to do it in WIN10

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-make-text-apps-bigger-windows-10

Typing in all caps becomes an issue to a lot of us who are differently abled. And is considered rude as its "shouting" in netiquette. As clearly you know.

If you use accessibility options (as I need to at times) you get a much nicer response from the world in general as you are conforming to the standards the interwebs accept.

Which is why I highlighted it as a joke with a jag- gives us the opportunity to work out whats going wrong that you come across as ignorant (which im sure you are not) , and how to help you resolve it.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11 (739 Views)

Hi Chrissie

II'm not 100% sure what you mean? Would it not just be a simple setting up a new contract with Virgin - like an upgrade if you decide to go back to using Tivo? You may be better off ringing them just to double check though Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11 (699 Views)

HI CHRIS,

THANKS FOR YOUR MESSAGE, I HAVE BEEN DOWNGRADING ACTUALLY, AS I NO LONGER REQUIRE MY TiVO BOX AS IT WAS MY HUSBAND'S WHO NO LONGER LIVES HERE WITH  ME, SO AS I ONLY USE ITV 5 DAYS A WEEK, SOMETIMES AT WEEKENDS BUT I CAN GIVE MY BOX BACK, AND IT SAVES ME £40 PER MONTH.  I CAN NOW WATCH ON FREEVIEW.  I REALLY DONT USE ANY OF VIRGIN BOXES, AND AM MORE INTO CHATS, EMAILS, AND EBAYING SO MY BROADBAND IS VERY USEFUL SO KEEPING THE HUB AND THIS WILL BE FINE FOR ME IN THE LONG RUN.  NO MORE LARGE BILLS.

BEST WISHES AND THANKS, FROM CHRISSIE

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11 (1,362 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by CHRISSIE007
‎17-03-2017 11:50

Thank you, I have now got much larger type which I say 'thank you' but I did it with the zoom buttons on the right top side of my screen, this suits me better, but I did state I was NOT shouting when I explained my caps.  thanks so much for jogging my memory regarding resizing my 'type' but having dementia I forgot about the 'three dots zoom' buttons until you said aboutmaking larger print. having tried your way for ever I suddenly remembered what I had to to do, which I usually do, but this dementia isn't kind an I know caps is 'shouting' to many people for which I apologise to anyone else who read my caps message, but at least its cleared it up before I shouted again!!!    best wishes from Chrissie

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11 (147 Views)

Good afternoon to everyone,

An update on my TiVO Box, to say that Virgin have allowed me to keep this box rather than me paying a further disconnection charge of £54, and this will allow me to catch up and record, and also have Freeview without any charge!!!  I no longer have to go about looking for the lead for my Freeview aerial, Wow!! Thanks to Virgin  I am better off Television wise, and money wise too.  My Bundle is far better from 9th April, almost half what I was paying with films and sports channels, and now I am not wanting any of these.  But, Virgin say I can always change back if I need to for the previous package, so that's good to know.  I do think Virgin is far better with their 'Bundles' than any other Supplier, majority of their films are very good, but they do tend to repeat, that's the only 'down' side, but I've enjoyed a vast amount of films from Virgin, far more than when I was with a different Supplier for films etc.,    I would always recommend Virgin for Films and Sports Channels if you are 'into' any of these.  TiVO Box is the best Box I have had from Virgin, it is excellent for catching up, pausing, and recording, and everything you want from a Box, Virgin's TiVO has it.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 9 of 11 (258 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by CHRISSIE007
‎26-03-2017 20:10

Glad to hear you got it sorted out, it makes a change to see some compliments for Virgin for a change. As regard using CAPS, I don't understand why some people get so bothered about these conventions. It is usually pretty clear whether people are being impolite or just like using CAPS. Personally I find lower case easier to read, but if it helps your vision KEEP ON CAPING I say. I dread to think what the sensitive souls would have made of TELEX, that was all caps.
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11 (125 Views)

AT LONG LAST SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS THAT I USING CAPITALS NOT SHOUTING BUT VERY POOR EYESIGHT, I SAY A MEGA 'BIG' THANK YOU TO YOU, AND I SHALL TAKE UP WHAT YOU HAVE SAID AND SHALL CARRY ON 'CAPING' AS YOU HAVE BEEN SO KIND.   I TRUST MORE PEOPLE WILL NOW KNOW WHY I USE CAPITALS AND WOULD RATHER NO-ONE ELSE COMES BACK TO ME TELLING ME I AM 'SHOUTING' IT IS FAR EASIER THAN HAVING ALL THE TROUBLE ENLARGING EVERYTHING.  PLEASE GOD I CAN DO MY CAPITALS WITHOUT ANYMORE COMPLAINTS, OR ADVICE ABOUT ENLARGEMENTS.  BLESS YOU.  FROM CHRISSIE