Menu
Crowebar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thinking of switching to sky

I have constant problems with Virgin and seem to be forever ringing them with issues, whether it is my bill being wrong or loss of signal.
This evening my TiVo box has gone crazy and the screen goes green with a message saying 'there is a serious problem with your Dvr player'. I rang Virgin and they said my box is corrupted and will send someone out with a new box on Tuesday. 3 days later!!!! Didn't seem bothered at all that I have no tv in my living room. His response was that I have another box working in the house that I can watch. This is in my bedroom and isn't a recordable box so he expects me to sit in my bedroom for 3 days when I want to watch live tv. Absolutely disgusting. There must be a log of how many times I have had to ring with complaints and yet they do nothing to try and keep me a happy customer. I'm on the top package with sky sports too. Get slow internet unless I'm literally on top of the hub box and the tv anywhere app doesn't work 'anywhere' other than in my house! Wondering whether to switch to sky on a basic to package and add sports and movies as both are cheaper than on virgin! Would like to keep the Virgin internet though as sky is supposed to be a lot worse for broadband. Very annoyed with Virgin, rant over! Lol!
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thinking of switching to sky

Looking at the official SKY forum, it is full of complaints, faults and annoyed subscribers. I also think there is a service charge if a SKY engineer has to visit due to faulty equipment.
0 Kudos
Crowebar
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I suppose they are all as bad as each other, it's just very bad customer service for how much they expect you to pay for their service, and for such a massive company, they don't seem to be in any rush to help. When I said I was thinking of cancelling he said the cancellation department isn't open until Monday so basically there is nothing at all I can do about this until next week. Disgusting.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can unplug the box from your bedroom and plug it into the living room if you wish, it'll work finw

0 Kudos