Menu
Kazzz4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They are avoiding us

I've had no TV or internet for 3 days. After having got nowhere with the helpline I've been trying to find an email address to complain to but it seems to be a secret. I don't want to take to Twitter without giving them a chance, has anyone else managed to get a contact email??
0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: They are avoiding us

We have tried for years to get a contact email but it doesn`t exist, more chance of emailing santa claus and ask for a new provider for xmas.

Kazzz4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

At least I'm not alone, think there might be some mileage in your new provider idea.......
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kazzz4,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that your TV and broadband service was down for three days and you had difficulties getting in touch with us. 

We don't have a contact email address, but we are happy to help with your queries here on the Forum.

If you require an immediate response, please contact us on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), or get in touch via WebChat on Contact Us

I've run remote testing to your equipment and it looks like your services are back on. Please let me know if there's anything I can help with.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Kazzz4
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We were without service from you for 10 days, both Internet and television.
For the first 2 days your automated service assured us that the fault would be repaired by a specific time, this was without exception a fail.
We then tried contacting you only to be told that the fault was being fixed, this turned out to be optimistic.
We phoned again to be told an engineer would be with us in a week but that if we phoned the next day there would be a cancellation, this also was optimistic as the operator we spoke to that day told us that that would not be a possibility.
We then tried to find an alternative method of communication, only to discover that your dedication to avoiding direct contact with your customers is beyond compare.
We were 10 days without service, when your engineer arrived ( who has been the best part about Virgin Media ) he found that the reason we had no television was because another engineer had unplugged our connection in the junction box in our street and had failed to plug it back in.
During that 10 days we purchased data for our phones and tablets, used the public library to send documents and have contributed to the profits of Costa and Starbucks to avail ourself our their wifi.
Today we were told that we would be given a ' goodwill ' payment of £5.
That equates to 50p a day, if that is what your service is worth why are you charging us so much more?
We have paid in advance for a service which you did not provide for 10 days.
You have knowingly charged us for a service you did not provide.
We are unimpressed by your goodwill payment and feel you should be returning the money we paid you for the 10 days of no service at the very least.

We feel that at all points of contact we have been lied to to keep us quiet ,' the fault is being repaired', ' you can get an earlier date for an engineer if you ring tomorrow' all prevarication.
This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kazzz4,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue getting your refund for loss of service. 

I can only apologise that the service you have received has been less than perfect too. 

I have taken a look at your account and sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos