Menu
Dazeebo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There's slow ,very slow and even slower thats the Tivo box

When is virgin media going to get their heads out of the sand and actually do something about the slow TiVo boxes .

What a major embarrassment this must be for this company .

I'm sure the technical people must be working 24/7 to find a solution before they drive their customers away .

There again they might find it easier to find the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: There's slow ,very slow and even slower thats the Tivo box

You must be new to these forums. Virgin doesn't get embarrassed no matter how bad it gets Smiley Happy

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
buckmac
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You talk about "driving their customers away" -

Well, as I type this, the other tabs open are for BT and Sky where I'm checking out their packages (and prices given that today's post included a Virgin price hike!)

When I first had the TIVO back in 2010, whilst not lightning fast, it was at least useable.

Now however, it's so slow that it is total pain in the backside! I dread the missus asking what's on the other channels knowing that I'll be in for a looooooooooooooooooong wait before anything happens.

It's reached the point where I watch with the cabinet doors open so that I can see all the lights to ensure that the button presses are registering as it's the only way of knowing! If I don't I end up pressing again which returns me to where I was. 

Can I downgrade to the old box?

Dazeebo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My other half's favourite saying every time I use the remote is "Why is it taking so long ,why it so slow ?"
Answers on a post card please Virgin Media !
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dazeebo

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately, we are aware of an issue that some of our customers are experiencing with their TiVo service operating slowly.

We're working hard to get this issue resolved and you can keep up to date with any changes regarding this issue on [this thread].

Apologies again for the inconvenience it's caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
timboishere
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That thread was started over a month ago so where are the promised updates on what you are doing about this Craig. In this case, no news is most definitely not good news.

You probably have no idea how frustrating these Tivo boxes are to use now - if you are old enough just think of an old Windows 95 laptop and you will get the idea.

0 Kudos
TrapperJon
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well I've had enough and I'm jumping ship - Virgin can get stuffed now.

I'm sick of feeling my stress levels rising just because I want to watch something I've recorded and having to wait 2 minutes for it to come on.

Bye all and good riddance Virgin !

Dazeebo wrote:

When is virgin media going to get their heads out of the sand and actually do something about the slow TiVo boxes .

What a major embarrassment this must be for this company .

I'm sure the technical people must be working 24/7 to find a solution before they drive their customers away .

There again they might find it easier to find the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow

0 Kudos
buckmac
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well, it's now three months since the original post and, if anything, the wretched TiVo is even slower.

I have now established that I'm no longer in a contract so as soon as I've sorted the exact package, I'm off to Sky.

We're in an Infinity area so I should get better b/b service than the joke 70mb that they "claim" I have - recent speed check on a Sunday gave me a whopping 0.19 Mbps download and 5.05 Mbps upload. Fine if I want to upload but not much good for anything involving getting data.

All in all a seriously bad service for which they're taking the thick end of £70 a month!

Daylight robbery.

So long, and thanks for all the fish . . .
buckmac
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OK, done..

Sky arrives on the 17th of next month.

you (Virgin) have had plenty of time to fix the problem and have failed.

Goodbye . . .

0 Kudos