Menu
will29
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The truth about tivo

Tivo box is slow because it is outdated it is getting even more frustratingly slow because updates are getting ready for the roll out of the new V6 box , it was never fit for purpose for bbc iplayer as it has grown but the tivo box has limited ability to keep up no matter how many updates . Now my bill has went up but my service has got worse I have been told in a virgin media shop that the new box will be offered to all customers free on request don,t know if that,s true if not will be leaving . So the Tivo box was a great bit of kit in it,s day but unable to keep up and all the struggling of virgin to excuse this , have seen answers on the forum about rebooting and thumbs yes will help a bit , but will it give you a service you signed up for , demand a new box or leave as what you have now is not fit for purpose .

0 Kudos
sja
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: The truth about tivo

My opinion is that even when the virgin tivo box was first released it was already underpowered back then, meaning that there was no headroom to add new features without slowing the thing to a crawl. I also have an original series 1 TiVo (non-virgin) bought in 2002 which felt more powerful than the virgin tivo on the day of its release.

If they had invested in a more powerful box right from the beginning then the current hardware would still be able to cope with the latest innovations/upgrades without now having to face the expense of replacing everyones tivo with a V6 one.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Will29,

Thank you for your post, we do appreciate your patience.

The slow TiVo issue is still ongoing and work is being carried out currently to test the slowness against some progress we've been making. Whilst there is nothing official, I can see that there is some progress and that this has been made a priority to fix.

Please continue to visit us and take care.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
vwt5
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

the problem has been going on for over 5 months,how long can it take!!!!!!!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi vwt5,

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

The technicians are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible but we don't have a fix time just yet.

As soon as we do, we'll update the Community.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
will29
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but the we have people working on it  we will let you know nonsense just says to me we haven,t a clue what we are doing . It doesn,t matter how many fixes you throw at the tivo box , it doesn,t have the hardwear for it , it never did for bbc iplayer it just can,t keep up . My contracts up in March and unless virgin front up and tell people what is happening and the new boxes are rolled out free to existing customers i,m gone before I put my foot trough my TV as my supply of valium is near done . 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi will29, 

Thanks for coming back to us here in the Community Smiley Happy

Here is something that may interest you: Update to our TiVo boxes

If you have any questions, queries or issues, pop back and let us know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos