Menu
62bMoose
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The new Vevo app: Killing the mood

If you want to browse music - listen to the first few seconds of something new, but skip to the next track if you don't like it - then this is a truly awful, mood-killing experience. 30+ seconds of buffering screens and adverts in between every video is not what I would expect of an expensive high-speed On Demand service.

The app itself - within the limitations of the technology - is okay, and would have made a useful addition to the On Demand Music service. As a replacement, though, it is abysmal.

Tags (1)
joebloggs
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: The new Vevo app: Killing the mood

I agree it's atrocious! If the app itself wasn't slow enough (and I mean REALLY SLOW) - the experience of trying to use the keyboard is like pulling teeth!

And the exclusion of tons of songs, Macklemore being one example.
m0j00
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You cant seem to play all the songs from an album or artist.

i cant get it to back to the album or artist and have to go back to the main menu and search again.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong or is the app just rubbish.?

My Services:
TiVo - 1TB & VHD 0GB, TV XL, BB XXL, Phone XL
loc: NG15 Superhub: R30 TiVo: 15.3-RC5-VMC-2-C00
Services Status
1TB TiVo 0GB VHD BB XXL Phone XL
Thanks for the sig ideas PrinterElf, Grumpy_Trucker.

japitts
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

62bMoose wrote:

If you want to browse music - listen to the first few seconds of something new, but skip to the next track if you don't like it - then this is a truly awful, mood-killing experience. 30+ seconds of buffering screens and adverts in between every video is not what I would expect of an expensive high-speed On Demand service.

The app itself - within the limitations of the technology - is okay, and would have made a useful addition to the On Demand Music service. As a replacement, though, it is abysmal.

I wouldn't call it abysmal, but on most of your other points I'm sadly agreeing with you. There's also a lot of content from mainly Warner-Music artists that is missing from Vevo. Not a good move to replace MoD in its current state I feel, unless there are some commercial reasons that VM are unlikely to publicly discuss. With some tweaks, and those missing artists added, it has a lot more potential.

0 Kudos
62bMoose
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

3  months further on and I was tempted (weakened? wine was involved) to retry the Vevo app.

The app is hugely, vastly improved. There is the occasional ad (but mostly music-related and from Vevo), and each new video loads considerably quicker. Sadly the app seemed to go into a prolonged crash whilst I was trying to 'skip' several tracks in a row, but eventually it exited to the MoD menu without the need to restart the TiVo (the amount of wine involved was too much for a trip to the wall socket to kill the power, but still insufficient for listening to Rihanna and Justin Bieber).

So I have to return to my original comment and withdraw the 'abysmal', substituting it for a 'not yet as good as'

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 62bMoose,

Thank you for your comment, it was certainly a good insight into the experience you had, I enjoyed the wine part, but who doesn't Smiley Happy

I'm glad that things are looking better and certainly with it improving it's what we like to hear. I'm sorry that there are some glitches and I've done some tests on the services in case, they're looking really healthy.

If you do need any help on any of our services please don't be afraid to ask.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos