Menu
AndrewErroch
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

The best way to watch TV?...

I've been looking at the apps I have on my TiVo box after checking out my Mum's new BT YouView box, which has all the ones I need and she only has a basic BT package.

On the Virgin TiVo Apps page (shown below), I read the following: -

http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/tivo/your-tivo/apps.html

'TiVo Box. We think it's the best way to watch TV. Ever.' Really? I continue reading the following: - 

'More detail, more fun

Nobody wants to squint at a small screen or crowd round a laptop. That’s why TiVo has all the On Demand services you could wish for, including BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and 5 Demand. And you can watch them all on your TV’s big screen, from the comfort of your sofa.

Your box also has its own up to 10Mb fibre optic broadband connection so it won't slow down your regular broadband service, if anyone else in your home is online. And because your TiVo box is hooked up to the web, it'll automatically update the apps – so you don't have to.'

I can only find BBC TV apps on my box along with a lot of rubbish games apps. No ITV Player, No 4oD and No 5 Demand. I had to phone Customer Services to make sure, because it clearly states on the website that TiVo does have these. I was absolutely shocked and surprised to have it confirmed to be that TiVo does not have these apps and they cannot be added.

The girl on the phone told me they've only added the most popular apps, suggesting users prefer to play the Scooby Doo game to watching ITV, Channel 4 or Channel 5... I asked why there was only the BBC apps on there and not the other channels. She replied that their users prefer to watch BBC before I pointed out they don't have much other choice. They would need to have the other channels available to them to be able to watch them...

I am now faced with a dilemma. I don't want to leave Virgin Media, but it seems they can no longer compete with the other service providers, such as BT and Sky, whose boxes do include all the apps.

Please Virgin Media answer the following questions: -

1) Why does your website state the TiVo box has these apps when it does not?

2) Are there plans to have these apps added in the near future?

3) Why should we pay for a service Virgin Media cannot provide?

4) What refunds are being offered for this lack of service and misinformation?

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: The best way to watch TV?...

I agree. Definitley not the best way.....however you will find the 'players' in main menu catch-up etc. B

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: The best way to watch TV?...

...TiVo has all the On Demand services you could wish for, including BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and 5 Demand. And you can watch them all on your TV’s big screen, from the comfort of your sofa.....

I dont see anything in the above claiming that these services are app delivered, so how its it misleading.

ITV Player, 4oD & Demand 5 are available by selecting: Catch Up & On Demand.

The broadcasters decide how their content is delivered, not Virgin Media. The BBC has developed an app (which it has had no end of problems with). The others broadcasters have decided against it. If they do not want to take the time & trouble (& expence) of developing a third party TiVO app, that is their choice.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos