Menu
norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

The Tivo Catch Up farce continues for some.

I’m quite impressed with the new Series Link setup which now includes in the My Shows folder a Catch Up link to previous episodes if you have missed them.
This is unfortunately somewhat useless in my case as since my Tivo was exchanged last Wednesday when the old one died I get a (v202) not available error when trying to use any Catch Up other than BBC iPlayer.
I have spoken to two ladies from Swansea and one from Glasgow who tried their best to sort the problem without any success.
Terri_P from the forum has also done sterling service trying to sort me out, again without success.
I did get a call from a second level person who said, if I can understand, that it was a fault in an upgrade on some Tivo boxes, I asked if I would get a reduction for the time I’ve been without Catch Up and was amazed to hear that this isn’t part of my package and is only included as a free extra, I was left with the impression that ‘We’re working on the problem, if we can fix it fine, if not tough.’
In the past week I’ve also had some very bad picture break up on recordings and twice a warning that no channels were available which was cured by a soft re-boot which makes me suspect the new Tivo or outside cabling.
I have now been without Catch Up for a week, not acceptable, it’s pointless having front line staff busting a gut to keep customers happy, look the word customer up Virgin, when the technical staff don’t appear to be up to the job.

Wannsam
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: The Tivo Catch Up farce continues for some.

No catch up either, about the 3rd time this year, last time it was 11days. I made a written complaint and had the same response that they'd be no bill adjustment as its a free service! It's so inconvenient as I tend to watch most stuff on catch up, I don't want the hassle of having to record every programme I watch.

very annoying

norskyorkie wrote:

I’m quite impressed with the new Series Link setup which now includes in the My Shows folder a Catch Up link to previous episodes if you have missed them.
This is unfortunately somewhat useless in my case as since my Tivo was exchanged last Wednesday when the old one died I get a (v202) not available error when trying to use any Catch Up other than BBC iPlayer.
I have spoken to two ladies from Swansea and one from Glasgow who tried their best to sort the problem without any success.
Terri_P from the forum has also done sterling service trying to sort me out, again without success.
I did get a call from a second level person who said, if I can understand, that it was a fault in an upgrade on some Tivo boxes, I asked if I would get a reduction for the time I’ve been without Catch Up and was amazed to hear that this isn’t part of my package and is only included as a free extra, I was left with the impression that ‘We’re working on the problem, if we can fix it fine, if not tough.’
In the past week I’ve also had some very bad picture break up on recordings and twice a warning that no channels were available which was cured by a soft re-boot which makes me suspect the new Tivo or outside cabling.
I have now been without Catch Up for a week, not acceptable, it’s pointless having front line staff busting a gut to keep customers happy, look the word customer up Virgin, when the technical staff don’t appear to be up to the job.

0 Kudos
norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: The Tivo Catch Up farce continues for some.

No catch up either, about the 3rd time this year, last time it was 11days. I made a written complaint and had the same response that they'd be no bill adjustment as its a free service! It's so inconvenient as I tend to watch most stuff on catch up, I don't want the hassle of having to record every programme I watch.

I must read some of the dozens of leaflets I get through the door or watch a TV advert, I don't remember them saying that Catch Up is given us because of the goodness of Virgin Media's heart, I'm almost sure it's headlined as a part of the package and so used as a selling point, so it isn't free but part of the contract.