Menu
Plastivore
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The Spoils Before Dying metadata issue

Hi,

It's not the first time this happens to me, but this time it's pretty big. The metadata for The Spoils Before Dying on Fox and Fox HD is all over the place.

The EPG states that the episode shown on 23/07 was S02E02, but this was actually the first ever episode. On catch-up, even more confusion as it is indicated as S02E01, but with a duration of 1 hour instead the the actual 30 minutes.

This already happened when SyFy was showing the whole series of Firefly over a weekend in March: the information about the episodes was all wrong, rendering my recordings very difficult to navigate through.

I have also remarked that episodes of some series are sometimes not tagged as 'new', meaning that the TiVo will not record them.

Would it be possible to have reliable metadata, please. After all, TiVo is all about ease of use and not having to worry about missing an episode!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
const1112
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: The Spoils Before Dying metadata issue

You can email the people who put together the epg and let them know tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk

All Replies
const1112
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can email the people who put together the epg and let them know tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk

GarethF
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TivoGuideErrors are VM, the TiVo EPG is put together by a 3rd party. I have called this in myself as I reckon they can get it corrected in time for tonight's repeat if they get cracking. Have pointed out they need to do something to get episode 2 to record and tidy up episode 3 to make sure that records on the right day.

Plastivore
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys, at least I'll know where to go for that kind of things from now on.

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo has called back and now I have tonight's repeat and the two new episodes on the 30th and 7th are down to record as well. It means the one that records tonight will be the same as the one that aired on Thursday but will have the correct data with it.

0 Kudos