Menu
Peter_Wid
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The Anywhere

I have the to anywhere app on iOS (9.whatever is the most up to date!). Whenever I try to connect o my TiVo, it comes up saying there is no TiVo on my network. My TiVo is wirelessly connected and did work once upon a time but the help pages say it needs to be hard wired. Any light to be shed on this? I have changed a setting on the TiVo box itself to allow remote control.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: The Anywhere

"My TiVo is wirelessly connected"

impressive if true, as the TIVo has no built in wifi .

to use tv anywhere as a tivo remote control , the tivo needs an ethernet connection.

to just stream content/control My shows..., you can skip that step

0 Kudos
Peter_Wid
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So, it's got a damn great fibre cable stuck in the back of it, yet it still needs another cable back to the hub as well?? Don't doubt you but why would the engineer not install this to facilitate full functionality in the first place? So I have a partial tv installation then?

Thanks for you confirmation though! Why the h*ll is a modern bit of kit like TiVo not wireless? And why does it say it's connected in the settings? I'm lost!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You have misunderstood.

TiVo for all of its function does not need a connection to your Superhub. It has its own, additional internet connection that comes down the co-ax connection.

In addition, you can use all of the useful function of the TV Anywhere app without your TiVo connected to your Superhub.

What you do need the connection for is to use the TV Anywhere app as a replacement for your physical TiVo remote.

0 Kudos