tejas73m
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Terrible and frustrating customer service

Dear Customer Care Team,

Account number: ############

Account Reference: Virgin refused to give complaints reference number

I am contacting you to highlight my frustration as I will be charged for a service which I will not be using from 9 September 2016. To explain in more detail I am moving house and virgin can not provide services in new home. I gave them 1 month notice and they now are claiming they can not cancel until February 2017 as I have entered into contract. When I asked for evidence, they have no proof of recording or signed copy. They claim that their database says my contract was renewed on February 2016 but no evidence provided to me. I mentioned to them they can not penalise me when they have no proof or evidence. In addition, they are not prepared to give me complaints reference no or email address except for postal address to complain. This is the treatment we get after remaining with Virgin for more than 7 years!. The issue has been ongoing since mid August, 2016. Inappropriate listening or pragmatism applied by customer service team. They keep saying that they are complying or going by the rules (book). When I asked them, where is the evidence to prove that I accepted the contract. If i did, then fair enough and I will keep the contract open until it expires. But in absence of any evidence, I am frustrated that I have to keep fighting every day for my justice as Virgin is in driving seat and threatened me once in a call that my credit history will go bad if I disconnect the direct debit. I have never owed single penny in my life. This is the treatment we get when we leave the services. It makes me feel that I should never EVER EVER have any association with Virgin and canvass to all my colleagues to cancel their contract. Virgin will understand then what customer service is all about!!!

I would like you to - I do not want to pay a single penny for early disconnection charges when I do not have a contract with Virgin and more importantly Virgin does not have any proof or evidence against me except for their database (which is only typed by them). I want Virgin to cancel my contract with no penalty and big apology for treating customers very badly and also name and shame them. I do hope this is a mistake and that you will therefore resolve this issue quickly, refund the charges and offer me a gesture of goodwill to compensate for this mistake.

Please investigate this issue and respond to me as soon as possible. If this issue cannot be resolved, I will consider escalating my case to the Ombudsman if this is not resolved to a satisfactory standard.

Can you please reply to my email account as I would like to keep all my communications in my personalised complaints case file.

Yours faithfully

Tejas Mehta

Service Reference: Virgin refused to give complaints reference number
Account No: #############

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible and frustrating customer service

we have never had a contract from virgin. despite stopping previously and going to sky then coming back again, increasing packages resulting in a new contract, absolute zilch despite asking for one each time..

generally speaking, a verbal chat is sufficient to constitute as entering into a contract. however, virgin as with most other call centres record calls, particularly where a product is purchased. if virgin say they do not hold this (a fob off maybe?) you can force them to do so under the freedom of information act 2000 (they would be right to make a charge for this info, that's normal).

cisas ( http://www.cedr.com/cisas/) would be the next port of call (they deal with virgin media complaints) but to be honest if virgin cannot prove that 1. they sent a contract 2. have no record of a call with you then simply saying 'it is on our system' would not hold up for them. after all any company could say 'you owe us 20k, it says so on our system, we have no audio record nor proof of contract'.

good luck.
tejas73m
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dont know what is the best way to teach a lesson to an organisation who cares zero about customer service and makes customers lifes miserable. More importantly the stress and health issues the customer has to face due to this.

I hope the world listens to this and understands and organisation acts together above integrity!

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi tejas73m,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message on the Forum and welcome back.

I am sorry to read that you're not able to take us with you to your new home, we would always try and move your services with you to our best efforts but unfortunately this isn't possible.

I can see you are wondering about whether you had or had not agreed to renew a contract 12 months prior to February's date, I have sent out a copy of the welcome letter that is normally sent 1 day after a call is made to agree to renew. There would have also been a 14 day cooling off period to mention any discrepancies, in which has passed. This should be with you in the next week and has been sent to the email address registered on your account.

I hope this has cleared up any confusion and I hope that the move goes through smoothly, I know it can be stressful at times from my own experience.

Thank you and if you have any further questions, please let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
tejas73m
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Frustration continues!!!

The story from Virgin is still one way traffic. what is missing the facts is where is the recording evidence that i agreed over the phone. I have asked number of times and Virgin mentioned that they do not have recording. You can send me now email or postal contract which Virgin claims in February. It means nothing to me to cover your back / mistakes of Virgin.

If Virgin can not prove audio recording, then it is failure of the organisation and hence, I can not be held accountable. Stress and health issues have already been given to me by Virgin and lot of time and effort spent by myself which is more valuable. I need to not only be compensated for hard time given, my time spent and health plus also no penalty to me. Please confirm the same and we part our ways.

Please respond promptly and not after few days. Virgin has claimed that they will call me multiple times when I escalated and till date no calls made!!

Please help me resolve this or help me to make this email read to the Virgin highest authority of lack of customer service and empathy of the organisation!!

Regards

0 Kudos
tejas73m
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. I have also complained to CISAs and let's see what happens next. I will fight this time until i get justice. Enough is enough sometimes!

0 Kudos