Menu
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 23 (486 Views)

Re: Terminator caps

Hi Adamcarvell,

I've been able to grab your details and arranged we've popped the caps into a treat bag to be sent out to the address. Please allow 10 days to reach you.

If you need any additional assistance, please let me know Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 12 of 23 (471 Views)

Despite the emphasis on how important it is to use these silver terminators, my return kit didn't include any. Is there any chance I could have one sent my way?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 13 of 23 (454 Views)

Hello dmagro,

Sorry to hear this wasn't included in your kit but thanks for posting to let us know.

Leave this with me I will get one sent out to you in the post, this should arrive within 3-5 working days but please let me know if it doesn't and I'll chase it up.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 14 of 23 (442 Views)

Hi

I too am required to return equipment, I'm returning two boxes, hence two caps required, I have only been sent one?

Also, I have tried to remove the white coaxial cable but the little tool sent won't fit (it's a three-way cable splitter, the cable I need to remove and cap is the centre one) my own spanners are too bulky to get to it, any tips?

What will be the result of leaving them uncapped?

Regards

Si

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 15 of 23 (442 Views)

Hi

I too am required to return equipment, I'm returning two boxes, hence two caps required, I have only been sent one?

Also, I have tried to remove the white coaxial cable but the little tool sent won't fit (it's a three-way cable splitter, the cable I need to remove and cap is the centre one) my own spanners are too bulky to get to it, any tips?

What will be the result of leaving them uncapped?

Regards

Si

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 16 of 23 (419 Views)

Hello Si902,

Thanks for posting.

When you're trying to remove the coaxial cable is this from the box?

Also I would like to get another terminator cap sent to you but I'll need to gain access to your account so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you requesting further details.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Joining in
Message 17 of 23 (301 Views)

I have just cancelled my services and also haven't been sent these caps.

How do I get them sent to me

Thanks

Jason

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 18 of 23 (297 Views)

Unterminated cables will cause signal reflections and noise back into the network. It is good practice to always terminate unused connection to the network.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 19 of 23 (281 Views)

I too am in the process of sending my boxes and hub back and have not received the terminator cap. Can you help please.
0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 20 of 23 (271 Views)

surely thats down to vm to cap them off if its going to effect there cables,if you have cancelled vm services why you all so concerned about getting a cap?

0 Kudos