Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 23 (2,680 Views)

Terminator caps

I've just cancelled by tv subscription but I'm keeping broadband, though it's down today.

I have received a box to return my TiVo box. The accompanying letter said that I should use the provided terminator caps once I remove the cable. But there were no terminator caps enclosed. I've called and spoken with tech support and customer service but no one has had a clue. Is it important that I terminate? I have a single cable coming in split into three for the super hub and two TiVo boxes. Both the TiVo boxes are being returned.

Thanks for any advice.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 23 (2,627 Views)

Re: Terminator caps

Hi Nick--,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I will be happy to check this out for you.  I will need to ensure I have the correct address, I will send you a private message requesting further details.

Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Superuser
Message 3 of 23 (2,626 Views)

[ Edited ]

You need these:

http://www.aerialsat.com/prod/2-x-75-ohm-terminator-f-type.html

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 23 (2,577 Views)

Same here. I have received a pack for returning my Virgin Media equipment along with instructions which state that it is REALLY IMPORTANT to repace the white co-axial cable "with the silver terminator cap we've given you". It wasn't sent to me in my returns pack. Where would it be then, please??!!....
0 Kudos
Just joined
Message 5 of 23 (1,843 Views)

Hi there,

I have also not received the terminator cap in the packaging to return the Tivo box and modem.  Would it be possible for you to arrange to have one sent to me?  

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 23 (1,805 Views)

Mine is missing as well - can I be sent one?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 23 (1,798 Views)

I couldn't find the caps either. Virgin customers services said don't worry. I searched the packaging again and they were lodged in a corner. I think they're only needed to prevent damage in case you want to get Virgin TV back.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 23 (1,782 Views)

Hello richdiaz and adyru,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Yes certainly I have arranged this for you both, they will be sent via Royal Mail business class and should arrive within 7 working days.

Please let me know if you still haven't received them after this time and I'll chase it up for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 23 (1,695 Views)

Hello,

I too have not revived such caps despite being told in my letter 'how important' they are.

Please can they be sent to me?

Many thanks,

Daniel
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 23 (1,664 Views)

hi me too no caps in my box either sent my tivo box yesterday can you send some out please ?. cheer's adam.
0 Kudos