Menu
dannymitch75
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Taking the Leap

Good Afternoon,

I'm thinking of taking the leap to Virgin from Sky only a couple of questions before i do...

My current set up is the Sky Go box which i distribute around the house from the RJ45 socket on the Sky box to the hard wired CAT5 cable to the patch panel then off to different rooms, i can then use the magic eyes to change channels in the room i'm viewing.  In an area without the CAT5 i've brought a Playstation 4 to watch Sky Go.

Is all of this possible with Virgin ?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
vircom
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Taking the Leap

No, you need a Virgin coax and box at each point. Some people have used a video extender with the old Tivo box using the SCART output but I believe the new V6 box (which you would definitely want) only has hdmi out. I think you could get an hdmi to SCART converter the use a video extender but not sure about compatibility, could get a bit messy and the picture quality could b reduced.
0 Kudos
tweetiepooh
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've been told the V6 has a DIN style SCART.  You would need a special cable to connect, a quick search on Amazon shows cables around £5.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got. Jim Elliot

I work for Virgin Media but respond here on an individual basis. No comment or assistance offered is done in any official capacity.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The SCART socket on the V6 box is not enabled in the UK.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

tweetiepooh wrote:

I've been told the V6 has a DIN style SCART.  You would need a special cable to connect, a quick search on Amazon shows cables around £5.

No, the SCART on V6 is not enabled.

0 Kudos