Menu
gixersix
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TVIO very very SLOW

Is the painfully slow navigation with TVIO box normal? Im new to virgin (regretting it) and wondering how many others have also lost the will to live with it?!?!?
0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TVIO very very SLOW

The older TiVo boxes are terrible for speed issues, the new V6 box from Virgin is much faster although if you have moved from Sky even the V6 box isn't as fast as sky boxes.

0 Kudos
bill007
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is painfully sow at times and on Demand seems to break down on a regular basis, considering returning to SKY at least the TV works and the oon demand is quicker and thats on ye old SKY HD+ box. Paid for SKY Cinema and have cancelled due to fed up trying to watch a film on demand, plus the BBC I Player never seems to work also freezes and goes blank. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gixersix

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service lately.

I've located your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end, we're not detecting any errors at the moment though. 

Are you detecting this issue at any certain time of the day? Or with any program or content in particular? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
GrumpyBear5
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Last week did the compulsory upgrade from V+ box to Tivo.  Can't believe how much worse the viewing experience is!  Box takes 30 seconds to 'wake up', menus are not intuitive, can't easily find programs I want to watch, but worse of all responses to inputs from remote control are very very slow.  Tonight can't watch any on demand/catch up service (error code C501).  I can't even watch programs I've already recorded which I assume are stored on the box - **bleep**!

This is a huge reduction in service compared to my V+ box and very frustrating.  I've been with VM since NTL days and now wonder why I'm paying for such a terrible service. I'll give it another week or so in the hope things will improve, but starting to think it's time to switch - come on VM, get your act together!!

Bob

0 Kudos
vwt5
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

get use to it ,its been like it since june last year with no improvement in sight,im off back to sky this june so will be back to happy days

0 Kudos
hoptop
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i have been having trouble with tivo for more than six months and it getting slower

0 Kudos