Menu
Agzy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV set up with Tivo

Hi, I have just bought a new Smart TV from Aldi, a Bauhn make TV. I have used the TiVo handset for everything except Volume  and mute and with those exceptions it works. The make of Tv is not on the TiVo data box list which is why their procedures don't work. Are there any answers to this please as wife has dementia and can't cope with two remotes, thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV set up with Tivo

All you can do is try the search method to find a suitable code if one is available:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3943&CURRENT_C...

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Agzy I know what you mean but she would probably be better off using both remotes or just the tv anyway.

My wife who doesn't have dementia still can't (won't) use the convoluted vm remote control functions.

I really have tried to show her how to change channel but she gets annoyed with all the greyed out entries on the epg and can't follow the 'logic' of having to keep resetting the favourites before she can navigate to another channel. She can't remember the channel numbers for direct access but she is not alone there.

After two years she still can't accept why you have to press so many buttons to achieve anything with tivo.

"Why can't BBC be on 1, itv on 3" etc.

She defaults to using the tv where she can easily change channel, use the volume control, use a program guide with only the channels available to watch, turn tv on and off etc. All on one easy to use and intuative remote control.

The tv is Freeview and actually has access to more channels than entry level tivo.

She is not incompetent either. She has the tv and an ipad for her catch-up services access to a Topfield PVR and can find her way in and out of windows 10.

She just "can't be doing with that bl**dy ridiculous thing" (the vm tivo).

0 Kudos
Agzy
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like we married the same women! It turns out that the TV make is not on Virgin list so the two remote system it has to be, thank you for mirror imaging my role with remote tuition 😅

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Argzy,

Cheers for coming in and letting the Community help with your volume control on those two TV's.

We're always looking to update the remote controls, this is dependant on the TV vendors at times to send us what we need. As there are more advanced and recent TV's coming out in the market, i'm sure we'll have an update again in the future. 

Thank you and please stay in touch Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos