Menu
cablejunkie
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV platform developments on the horizon...

Looks like there may be some major development of the VM TV platform on the horizon...

The Telegraph - Virgin Media turns up the television volume to transform its neglected pay-TV busine...

Not a minute too late really, as the competition from Sky Q and BT is starting to make the clunky old TiVo show its age!

I still think the TiVo is a pretty decent product when compared to Sky+, it's just the UI is a bit dated and sometimes very slow to navigate through.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
TivoFan
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV platform developments on the horizon...

Completely agree. I cannot wait to see what VM has in store for its TV platform in the next year.

That said, as far as I am concerned Tivo is still functionally the best PVR available on any platform.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Existing customers who wish to get a better deal should call 150 then select Option 1 then 4 then 5, "thinking about leaving us".
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TivoFan wrote:

Completely agree. I cannot wait to see what VM has in store for its TV platform in the next year.

That said, as far as I am concerned Tivo is still functionally the best PVR available on any platform.

...and the soon-to-come software update makes it even better.Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
cablejunkie
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

More confirmation on the intention to launch a 4K TiVo Mk2, along with a 'significant update for existing TiVo box users'...

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/137574-virgin-media-tivo-2-coming-with-4k-new-set-top-box-to-take-on...

0 Kudos
cablejunkie
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Reemul
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As someone who has just moved from Sky+ to Virgin, I love the price but hate the box, it's rubbish compared to the Sky+ box. While it may do more the day to day functionality is not as good as sky's. Really disappointed with it.

0 Kudos
chap1956
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Couldn't agree more - Tivo is clunky, slow the HD quality if inferior to Sky and it's not worth the money. I'm thinking of ditching it all together, I pay £900 a year for my 3 services, it's way too expensive and I don't even have movies!
0 Kudos