Menu
gbw8
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

TV picturre pixelation

For some time now, I get intermittent pixilation on my TV. Sometimes it can just be a flash, others harsher and longer. Some days completely clear. Annoyingly, when watching a recorded programme, it can appear on this.

I have a TiVo box and a Panasonic HD TV which is a year old now and this did not used to happen, but maybe the last 3-months or so.

Any ideas please?, or is it an engineer callout?.

Thanks, Graham

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV picturre pixelation

Appearing on live & recorded is probably signal issues, which will need a visit.

Give them a ring to get one arranged.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV picture pixelation

Hello gbw8,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can see the technician has visited so can I just confirm whether there has been any improvement since your last post? Otherwise I can arrange another call out if needed,

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Appearing on live & recorded is probably signal issues, which will need a visit.

Give them a ring to get one arranged.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello gbw8,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy 

I have located your account and I can see that you've spoken to someone about this so please let me know if you're still experiencing any problems and I'll investigate it further.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gbw8
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rose,

Thank you for your message and welcome, good to join the community after many years with Virgin Media.

I did speak with one of the staff in customer services who said there was something amiss with the signal, but he restarted it and informed me he now had green lights for my signal and unit.

Unfortunately, I am still getting pixilation at times, it's very intermittent and happens on any channel, I did think HD was OK, but it still appears on these.

I was considering upgrading to the new V6 box thinking this might cure it, but the charges have made me leave it for a while.

I would be most grateful if you would investigate further for me, as it can sometimes be very annoying.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Kind regards

Graham

0 Kudos
crypticc
Superfast
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Does this happen either while watching a recording, pause or suggestion made at about 10 or so minutes past the hour or watching a recorded show or live pause at some that time?

If so see thread the I just posted onto

----------------------------------------------------------
OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA in my SE London area 21 running since 2009, but potentially on its way to being resolved although still only 1/5th of advertised speed at times

Original TiVo video output scaling-bug

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings Scaling Bug

The day it started to go wrong again 2017

0 Kudos
kaptinjack
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi gbw8

I have encountered pixelation a lot just recently . It seems to be on the 601 channel for BBC news which makes it unwatchable..Also anything thats been recorded or on IPlayer play back has the same issues but not a  severe . Also the sound keeps disappearing from the tv and have to reboot Vbox everytime..

Expensive TV so not that fault as we can play games etc via the tv with 100% sound

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Then it sounds as if you have a dead/dying box rather than signal issues.

I'd suggest ringing in again.

0 Kudos
gbw8
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Last night I had some pixelation just watching live TV. Had a thought this morning to see if my upstairs TV with another TiVo box would have the same problem and try to narrow it down. Unfortunately, I have not got any pixelation on either, so will leave them on all day and see if this occurs.

I will also look at a couple of programmes recorded yesterday evening to see if this problem also appears on these.

Thanks for all suggestion/comments so far!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi gbw8,

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing, what I would like to do instead is to arrange for a technician to take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with appointment times.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
gbw8
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV picture pixelation

Hello Rose,

Hope your weekend is good!.

Technician arrived yesterday, nice guy, found signal problems and old attenuators, replaced with new and tested all was working.

Last night all seemed well, today sadly, big pixilation, picture freezing, and also messages about signal problems with this channel, please contact VM!.

Problem on all standard channels 1-5 and also on the HD channels I looked at!.

Not quite there yet!. What do you suggest please?.

Many thanks

Graham

0 Kudos