Menu
Shooby337
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV picture and sound keep cutting out

I'm a new customer to Virgin Media, and seem to keep having an issue with the TV. When we're watching TV it will suddenly cut to a black screen with no picture or sound, changing the channel provides the same result. The picture will then come on with no explanation for the loss of broadcast. This has been happening at various times of the day and the loss of broadcast time varies as well. It all seems completely random. What is the reason for this loss? From a quick google search it seems to suggest that the TiVo box is busted. 

Any help appreciated?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV picture and sound keep cutting out

Is your TiVo connected through an amp at all?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Shooby337
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No it's not connected to an amp. Connected to TV via HDMI. Done the same again this morning cut out and was off for ages. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sounds as if your TV is having issues with the change in resolution that accompanies the switch to the menus.

Which TV is it?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Shooby337
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's a toshiba, not sure on model number. It's not an issue with the menus, it's while the to is just being watched. E.g be watching a football match and it'll cut to a black screen anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes. Try a different channel and it'll result in the same black screen on every channel. 

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do you have another HDMI lead you could try?

0 Kudos
Shooby337
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well new box has gone in tonight and within 2 hours the same thing has happened! Screen has gone black but can get into guides, still got it working upstairs though! 

Ran a diagnostics on the downstairs one and got this back. Seems to indicate no signal on the downstairs box. 

image.jpeg 

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My diagnostics screen reads pretty much the same as yours and the tivo "works" as well as it can, although it is, by no stretch of anybodies imagination except perhaps the vm tivophiles, far from perfect. Do you get the blank screen in the same places on your recordings? If the box records ok (or records the bits that drop out) it might be something as simple as the hdmi lead.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shooby337,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you've still having trouble with this.

I'd like to arrange another appointment for a technician to investigate this for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can book it in for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Eissa
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have the exact same problem and I have a toshiba tv as well, any suggestions?
0 Kudos