Menu
Madstar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV picture and sound keep cutting out

Hi, wasn't sure if it was my TV or my TIVO box causing the issue but I managed to watch Netflix via my Amazon Firestick without interuption.  Then, I went to Netflix via VirginMedia carried on with the same series but the picture and sound both cut out (as in black screen) only for about 2 seconds but 7 times in 15 minutes.  

I've checked to make sure there are no lose connections.

Any ideas?   

BTW, it's not just Netflix, it can happen on any channel I watch through the TIVO box.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV picture and sound keep cutting out

Hi Madstar,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Community for the first time, welcome into the Forums Smiley Happy

My apologies on the hiccups you've been having with the Netflix, I would like to help here and so far when testing the connection to the TiVo, I've not been able to identify any potential issues. 

I would like to ask if this is still happening and if so, can you tell me if this is more prominent during the evening or even weekends? 

All the best and get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Madstar
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben and thanks for getting back to me. The problem wasn't exclusively with Netflix, it was cutting out on any channel.

However, the problem is now resolved. In case anyone else has the same problem I phoned 150 and was advised to switch the HDMI cable round, still an issue so then I was promised a new cable with delivery in 5 working days.

I then, off my own back, decided to use the 2nd HDMI port on my TV and problem is now resolved so this can now be closed.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Madstar,

Cheers for the reply, that's brilliant news you've sorted it, things we're looking good here so it was a bit of a mystery!

If you do need any help in the future, please come back and just drop a message, one of the Team or Community will be with you Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos