Menu
Jack_craig2
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

TV listings "to be announced"

I switched my tivo box off at the plug as I was going on holiday and when i came back and switched it back on none of the television listings were showing and every channel says "to be announced" I've tried everything from reseting the box to reconnecting it to my wifi but it is still not working. What can i do to get the television listings up properly? Everything else is working fine.
0 Kudos
TheRazzaG
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV listings "to be announced"

When you say reconnecting it to WiFi, do you mean you've gone on to settings > network > connect to virgin media service now?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Firstly, don't turn your TiVo off Smiley Wink I mean you trust your fridge, and that'll draw a lot more power than TiVo will on Standby.

Secondly, Home -> Help & Settings -> Settings -> Network -> Connect to the Virgin Media Service now.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
isaachunt01
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf wrote:

Firstly, don't turn your TiVo off Smiley Wink I mean you trust your fridge, and that'll draw a lot more power than TiVo will on Standby.

Secondly, Home -> Help & Settings -> Settings -> Network -> Connect to the Virgin Media Service now.

That doesnt cure the problem, any other bright ideas?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

isaachunt01 wrote:

PrinterElf wrote:

Since you do not appear to be the OP and PrinterElf was replying to him, your response is puzzling.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
isaachunt01
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

isaachunt01 wrote:

PrinterElf wrote:

Since you do not appear to be the OP and PrinterElf was replying to him, your response is puzzling.

If you have nothing helpful to say I suggest you removed

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

isaachunt01 wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

isaachunt01 wrote:

PrinterElf wrote:

isaachunt01 wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

isaachunt01 wrote:

PrinterElf wrote:

If you have nothing helpful to say I suggest you stfu

I'd rather not but, if you have that sort of attitude on a customer forum then I suspect that you will not find much help here.

Anyway, what has your response got to do with the OP's question and the reply from PrinterElf, which is the obvious first step to be followed?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
isaachunt01
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

isaachunt01 wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

isaachunt01 wrote:

PrinterElf wrote:

If you have nothing helpful to say I suggest you stfu

isaachunt01 wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

isaachunt01 wrote:

PrinterElf wrote:

I'd rather not but, if you have that sort of attitude on a customer forum then I suspect that you will not find much help here.

Anyway, what has your response got to do with the OP's question and the reply from PrinterElf, which is the obvious first step to be followed?

Well obviously i have the same problem and was pointing out that the suggestion offered by PrinterElf doesnt cure the problem, it never has done whenever this has occured previously.

Did you really feel the need to stick your two penneth in when you have no solution either?

You could get a job in one of virgins useless call centres mate

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

A very apt username.

0 Kudos
Bingley
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 12