Menu
Betelgeuse
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV help please

Can a Virgin Media manager please take responsibility for these issues please?

I have had a fault with my TV service since thursday 28th August.
13 of my HD channels are not working, showing there is a fault and I should call 150.
I reported it in over the weekend and was told an engineer would not be availble till today. I'm annoyed I have to wait so long for an engineer, what is going on?
I was told there is low signal power.
I phoned on Monday afternoon and it took 30 minutes to get through to a human who would talk to me. I was kept on hold for far too long, I spent over an hour on the phone with my issue not being resolved.
When I threatened to cancel my contract I was told that I am locked into a contract until next year, which is completey false. I never agreed or signed up to be tied into such a contract.
Your reps are not singing off the same hym sheet, they all say different things. When I asked for proof, they told me there is nothing noted down on my records as proof...

So I waited till today for the engineer to turn up. He does his checks and can not find the fault, he changes all the connections inside and outside, but still the same.
He tells me to wait unitl morning to phone 150 and ask for them to take away my HD channels and then add the back, as this might help.

I decide to phone today anyway...I am told by a Vigin Media rep someone will call me back within an hour, they dont.
I phone back and ask the same and having to repeat myself again....they tell me someone will call me back in an hour.
Guess what? they dont call me back.

So I'm here asking for these issues to be taken seriously, anyone want to help?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV help please

Just to say this is technically a user forum for users to help other users. You may not get a quick answer (or any answer at all) on here. As to why you had to wait so long for an engineer guess is that they're very busy in your area (and its school holidays so some will be off on holiday). Not an excuse just an observation. Agreed ringing 150 can be a painful experience. There does seem to be a complete lack of training of operators there. When you first take out TiVo you definitely have a contract with virgin which will be 1 year or 18 months d pending on the deal.

Just a thought. Have you tried rebooting the TiVo? Turn it off wait. Turn it back on? You'd be surprised what that can achieve. 

Other than that it's back to 150 I suspect. 

Betelgeuse
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

I have had the XL TV package for over a year, I figured I was out of contract by now.

I have indeed tried rebooting the Tivo box, unfortunately it has not changed anything.

I spoke to a manager on 150 this afternoon, he assures me the technical people will call me back at some point...

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'd keep ringing them then. Everyday until it's sorted!  Guessing you're contract might be 18 months? You can check when you ring back in. Which I'm afraid you inevitably will 

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Betelgeuse,

Thank you for coming in and posting, i'm sad to see that this isn't on better terms for you, it sounds like a bit of an ordeal.

I have been looking into the connection and it's easy to see an issue on the TiVo and that I can see that there is an engineer booked in for you, (you would be aware of this date). I am sorry that someone didnt call you back after they ahd promised, this isn't in the best interests and I agree on the frustration you're feeling.

I would like to stick with you while the engineer is looking into this and in the meantime, if there is anythig that I can support you with, please let me know. I've pencilled you in for the date of the engineer to check up on you.

Take care and all the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Betelgeuse
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just an Update.

A more senior engineer visited on Thursday. He swapped the Tivo box and did some tests. He seemed to think an outside cabinet had a faulty connections due to water. Another type of engineer came later that day to tell me it had been fixed/ cleared. However a couple of hours later I noticed there was still poor signal quality on my HD channels. So they have booked another engineer to visit this Saturday.

I really hope it is sorted. I have lost my HD channels for some considerable time. My TV package becomes full price in a month as well...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Betelgeuse

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this, I'm sorry to hear that the team weren't able to get this resolved on the first try.

That being said, I'm glad to hear that further action has been planned and I'd love to hear how things go.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Betelgeuse
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

An Update and it is not very good I'm afraid.

An engineer turned up this morning and would not even come in the house unless I removed my dog to a place behind a door. This I was most annoyed about and expressed that to him. He told me it was for 'Health and Safety reasons'. Its the first time I have come across this and figure if the worker can not work in such environment he is surely in the wrong type of job!

He had no clue why he was there or what the fault was. There is no continuity in the way faults are handled on the phone or by the engineers.

I explained to him the problems and what had previously been done...and he left without leaving a checklist or signature, taking my mobile number and explaining he was going to call me back at mid day with an update on what is to be done.

He did not call me back.

Another call to faults on 150. The guy was very unsure of himself in what he was saying. He tried to put me through to the Department that deals with engineers in my area. But alas not knowing what option to select I was cut off.

Another call to 150 and was treated much better by an over seas gentleman. He put me through to that department I needed an update from. I did speak to them finally...they said someone would call me back in one hour...

They did not.

So I'm still here with my fault unresolved and not knowing what is going on. Let down by Virgin Media again.

If this email for the MD of Virgin Media is correct, he will be receiving my thoughts on a catalogue of poor customer service I have received.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Again and again they let themselves down with this kind of thing. Especially the 'we'll call you back'. They never do. Poor. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Betelgeuse

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, I'm sorry for the continued issues you're experiencing with your your service.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this for you, I can see that action has been rearranged and another appointment organised, I'd love to hear how that goes.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide